2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 29, 2007, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2007, 11:45:55 AMMaybe I take Bronson Arroyo, but only if they can steal him ala Iguchi. But that ain't happening because the price for pitching is more expensive than what MDS charges the gays for toothless hummers on North Broad.

yo kid i live next to some crackhead old age home, i can pay one of the hot 60 year old chicks on their last legs who look like their 95 for whatever the farg i need. get it right.

also, everyones favorite juan pierre clone mike bourn is in rightfield, rowing is back in center, and tad iguchi is batting 2nd.

Right on, buddy. Let us know how that depends flavored cooter tastes.

Anyways, good to see Kendrick throw well again even though it was the Pirates. And I am glad he didn't use Flash or Brett in the 9th although when I heard Mesa was warming up, I cringed. It was still 3-1 and its like Coste saw who was throwing and knew he had to get a hit.

Morgan Ensberg was DFA'd by Houston. He's been shtein for two years now, but I'd still take him over Helms. But its moot because Iguchi will be playing 3rd in a month.

Losing Madson hurts...he's been throwing well. And now other GMs asking price of the Phils just went up because he went down.

Eaglez

Do the Phils know the extent of Madson's injury? Will he be facing DL time?

I checked the official site and there has been no mention about the extent of his injury.

PhillyPhreak54

Franzke said on the radio they were saying it was a shoulder strain.

But I dont pay attention to what the Phillies say about injuries because they are lying iceholes. Myers was supposed to be out 15 days, Gordon had a torn labrum when they signed him but yet refused to sign Joe Borowski.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

are you guys assuming that Iguchi can play 3rd or has he done it in the past?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eaglez

Does this mean that Geoff Geary gets another shot with this team?

He reminds me of Cleetus the slap-jawed yokle.

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on July 29, 2007, 06:03:28 PM
are you guys assuming that Iguchi can play 3rd or has he done it in the past?

he's done it in japan. and hes gotta be better than wes helms anyways.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eaglez on July 29, 2007, 06:04:10 PM
Does this mean that Geoff Geary gets another shot with this team?

He reminds me of Cleetus the slap-jawed yokle.

Hes throwing well in Ottawa, so I would guess he gets the call. Hopefully he leaves the gas can and matches in Canada with the beady eyed canucks.

And he's a dead ringer for being a spawn of Ed Wade. Huge head + no chin...kinda like MDS' last girlfriend.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteFrom the Associated Press:

The Phillies will have to deal with another injury after reliever Ryan Madson was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain that occurred during the game.

Madson said the injury is very similar to the one that sidelined Brett Myers. A close friend of Madson, Myers suffered his injury on May 24 and returned from the disabled list on Saturday.

"It's been bothering me for a few days but I thought I could throw through it," said Madson, who will have a MRI on Monday. "Brett has already given me advice on the injury."

Atta boy, Ryan. You see Flash and Myers be out forever and you throw through it?!? Idiot.

Eaglez

That's sucks. I actually started to feel marginally confident with Madson in the 7th, Gordon in the 8th, and Myers in the 9th.

Now we'll be treated to more Mesa time and the Six Finger Surprise.

I definitely think now that JC Romero needs to get more innings in as well. I think he's too good a reliever to just be a situational left hander. I think he needs to take Madson's role and pitch in the 7th and see if he can get holds in those situations. I just don't get Charlie reflexively going to Alfonseca and Mesa when JC has good numbers against lefties and righties alike.

BigEd76

MDS

Jesus, Phreak loves me. I love you to, you stinking pile of working class white trash.

As for Madson, farg him. Need a 7th inning guy. Now.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2007, 04:15:55 PM
an iraq war arm amputee would look nice in the phils bullpen

At least a prosthetic arm would make the Tommy John surgery a little easier.

Eaglez

Would anyone do a Michael Bourn for Anthony Reyes trade? I sure hope not, but that is what is currently on the "rumor mill" per MLB.com:

QuoteThe Phillies sent a scout Saturday to watch Anthony Reyes, according to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The Cardinals pitcher went six innings against the Brewers and allowed two earned runs. He picked up his first regular-season win since Sept. 3, 2006, but his 1-10 record this season is indicative of a lack of run support. The Cardinals have scored two runs or less in seven of his losses this season. The 25-year-old garnered praise as a top young arm when he went eight innings to beat the Tigers in last year's World Series. The Phillies could deal outfielder Michael Bourn, who has started in center field the Phillies past two games.

This trade doesn't make much sense because the Phils would get a marginally good young arm (a lot of his losses can be chalked up to poor run support, but even taking that into account he really is nothing special; 6.11 ERA and he hasn't went past 6 innings seemingly all season) at the cost of a potentially everyday outfielder. Trading Bourn knowing that the prospects of re-signing Rowand during the season are slim and knowing that if he doesn't re-sign he is more than likely gone is stupid; but it wouldn't surprise me if it did occur.

Geowhizzer

QuoteHe picked up his first regular-season win since Sept. 3, 2006, but his 1-10 record this season is indicative of a lack of run support.

It could also be indicative of having an ERA over 6.00.