2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

I'm not going to sit here and say, "Wow, what a team player Victorino is!" or say it wasn't farging idiotic to make that leap, but the tune I think would be much different if he actually came down with the ball.

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 02, 2007, 10:29:33 PM
first of all its not a bp fastball its that particular pitchers best fastball

I think for Sanches it's more of a control thing with his "best" fastball. I seriously doubt at 3-2 with the bases juiced Sanches is thinking, "I'm going to throw a ball! That'll fool him."
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

Quote from: PPinDC on July 03, 2007, 11:07:28 AM
I'm not going to sit here and say, "Wow, what a team player Victorino is!" or say it wasn't farging idiotic to make that leap, but the tune I think would be much different if he actually came down with the ball.

It wouldnt have mattered. It's a foul ball regardless of whether or not he caught it, a player can not go into the stands to catch a ball, they can lean over the rails but they can't make leap into it.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just love the way Victorinoey plays the game.  He's an ol'-fashioned gunslinger out there.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 03, 2007, 11:18:25 AM
I just love the way Victorinoey plays the game.  He's an ol'-fashioned gunslinger out there.

Too bad he's shootin' blanks most of the time.

phattymatty

jay bilas thinks victorino really has a good motor.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Merril Hoge thinks he's capable of becoming a factor back.

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 03, 2007, 11:46:53 AM
Merril Hoge thinks he's capable of becoming a factor back.

ha! :-D

I have to defend Victorino because of the whole island brotherhood thing.  Now when it comes to Patsy Burrell, he can kiss my polynesian ass.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Don Ho on July 03, 2007, 02:27:56 PM
I have to defend Victorino because of the whole island brotherhood thing.

Racist.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Victorino is an asset to this team simply because of his arm and speed defensively. His effort last night was good and I find it funny that he's ripped for going all out by the same dook who rips Rollins for his smiling and the Phillies for the quotes because they don't show commitment to winning. Odd, no?

Oswalt is going to stick it to these Sally's tonight and they'll be back at .500.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

I've hears several radio programs that proclaim the Phils' stupendous record since the 4-11 start.

It's kind of funny, because since they first reached .500 (at 20-20), they've been playing at a .500 clip since.

They've never been more than four games over .500 (35-31, 36-32, 40-36 and 41-37).

They've been at .500 exactly with 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, and 29 wins, before clearing it with a bit of room after that.

Now, it looks like they're going to be at that level again.

Geowhizzer

Victorino does have one asset:  that gun of an arm.

Just threw out Ensberg at home to protect the Phils' 4-3 lead.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 03, 2007, 10:11:53 PM
Victorino does have one asset:  that gun of an arm.

Just threw out Ensberg at home to protect the Phils' 4-3 lead.

how was that!  great job by Barajas blocking the plate.  guess he learned his lesson.  great throw by the hawaiian superman.

phils bullpen, god help us.

Don Ho

I'm sorry but all the astro fans at Minute Maid Park need to stand up in unison and start chanting "Nerds, nerds, nerds, nerds."  scary bunch.