2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Geary's been atrocious.  Look at his splits here... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=5727

His first 15 pitches have been disasterous.  Strangely, the longer he goes the better he is.

ice grillin you

lol @ splits and first 15 pitches....stop

hes got five holds and a 4.50 era and that includes a four run a five run and a three homer inning....not bad at all...not great either...but not even close to atrocious

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

You didn't even look at the stats, did you, IGY?

ice grillin you

i know his general stats....no i didnt look at splits and first 15 pitches....thats vorp like

i know hes been good in all but about three or four of his appearances...and when he hasnt been good hes been terrible...

hes also been killed by some costly errors by his fielders

im not saying hes the rolaids middle reliever of the year...but he hasnt been anywhere close to atrocious outside of yesterday and that cubs game

Rome

His job is to enter the game and either put out fires or prevent them from happening until the closer gets in.

He hasn't done that and his failure is shown in the statistics I mentioned.  In 57 at-bats during those first 15 pitches, he's given up 19 hits in 57 at-bats.  He's given up six walks, allowed nine rbi's and three dingers.

That's atrocious, IGY.

ice grillin you

maybe you need to look at pitches 16-30 or something...i dont deal in splits

he has a 4.50 era with 5 holds

that is not atrocious

if you wanna say hes been atrocious the last two weeks when hes really struggled then you have a point...otherwise i dont know what youve been watching all year

in fact at one point he went 12 straight appearances without giving up a run

Wingspan

They should not put geary in the game until he's thrown 15 pitches...apparently.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 21, 2007, 02:57:35 PM
His job is to enter the game and either put out fires or prevent them from happening until the closer gets in.

by that definition...his 82% of inherited runners who have been stranded means he's had a pretty good year so far

wow, he's had 21 games played, 28 runners inherited, and only 5 have scored.   that seems really good to me, they don't list a percentage anywhere that i've seen to see how that stacks up
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Yeah, you guys are right.   I forgot this is bizarro world.

A pitcher who gets paid NOT to give up hits and runs in relief who gives up hits and runs when he first enters the game like they're going out of style is, in fact, excellent.

Geary for MVP!

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on May 21, 2007, 03:14:09 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 21, 2007, 02:57:35 PM

by that definition...his 82% of inherited runners who have been stranded means he's had a pretty good year so far

Dude...look at his splits! He totally sucks on pitches 7 and 10! ATROCIOUS!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

actually i found a list here:  http://www.insiderbaseball.com/blog/2007/05/first_pitch_may_09_2007_inherited_runners_stranded_percentage.html

it was only up through May 9, at which point Geary was at 90.5%, 8th in baseball.

so, he's obviously struggled lately, but calling him atrocious for the season is not right

Sgt PSN

He was atrocious yesterday, that's for damn sure. 

Rome

Beane would be proud of us arguing about this.   :-D

The last three games he got hit or torched in the Phillies actually won.  The one he pitched well in, they lost.

Again - weird.

BTW: Three of the holds IGY was talking about, the Phillies won 9-3, 11-4 & 9-3 again.  Just saying...

ice grillin you

They should not put geary in the game until he's thrown 15 pitches...apparently.

lol

SunMo

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 21, 2007, 03:33:12 PM
Beane would be proud of us arguing about this.   :-D

The last three games he got hit or torched in the Phillies actually won.  The one he pitched well in, they lost.

Again - weird.

BTW: Three of the holds IGY was talking about, the Phillies won 9-3, 11-4 & 9-3 again.  Just saying...

he shouldn't have gotten holds for those wins...

QuoteWhat exactly is a hold?

The hold stat was created in part to measure the effectiveness of middle relief pitchers. Put simply, holds are to middle relievers what saves are to closers.

A hold is earned when a reliever comes into a save situation and gives way to another reliever without giving up the lead.