2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote"We're back to .500. That's all that matters," outfielder Shane Victorino said.

It's nice to see this team has big aspirations.

ice grillin you

wild card race....

Atlanta - x 
San Diego - 2.0 
Arizona - 2.5 
Philadelphia - 4.0 
Houston - 4.5
San Francisco - 4.5 
Florida -  5.0 
Chicago -  5.0 

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's familiar territory to this team to be "in the chase" for the Wild Card.  I'm sure they'll even be in the lead for it at some point and get some of you lesser-minded fans all excited.

They simply don't have enough good players to make the playoffs.

Rome

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 21, 2007, 09:37:04 AM
It's familiar territory to this team to be "in the chase" for the Wild Card.  I'm sure they'll even be in the lead for it at some point and get some of you lesser-minded fans all excited.

They simply don't have enough good players to make the playoffs.

Yes they do.  They need to get the bullpen situation straightened out and get Howard healthy but they have enough to get the wildcard.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 21, 2007, 09:37:04 AM
I'm sure they'll even be in the lead for it at some point and get some of you lesser-minded fans all excited.
Guilty as charged.

If they can add a good arm to the pen I say they make the playoffs, but that sounds all too familiar.

PhillyPhreak54

God help me for saying/thinking this but;

If Gordon can come back and give them something as a set-up guy and if Madson can help out in the 7th inning, they have something there that resembles a good 7-8-9 trio.

Geoff Geary is trash. Alfonseca was good for about three weeks, now he's a liability.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 21, 2007, 11:46:22 AM
God help me for saying/thinking this but;

If Gordon can come back and give them something as a set-up guy and if Madson can help out in the 7th inning, they have something there that resembles a good 7-8-9 trio.

Well, game over then.  Gordon's ready to be sold for glue, and Madson is garbage on a good day.

SunMo

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 21, 2007, 12:43:38 PM

and Madson is garbage on a good day.

i wouldn't go that far, he's had, i think, 10 appearances this year.  3 of them, he gave up runs, the other 7 he was solid.  i still think he has the potential to be the 7th inning guy they need, he's done it before, so i think he can do it again.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah i like madson...i dont know why people hate on him so much...he was a car crash starting and hes had some ups and downs but overall hes been a good middle guy for most of his phils career

i much more confidence in him having a big year than i do gordon ever being dependable again

PoopyfaceMcGee

Considering you believe Gordon coming back solid is a 0% chance, that's not saying much.

MDS

Madson has been solid. He should be game when he comes back tomorrow. Gillick needs to get his ass out of the Toronto Arts Festival and pick up another farging reliever.

That will give them 3 arms out of the pen, with 2 really shaky ones (Geary and Alf) and a pile of shtein thats questionable for mop up duty.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

What happened to Geary, seriously? The guy was so solid, then got overused and has sucked ass since.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

A pitching machine would have broken down had it tossed as much as geary did last season.

STAND PAT
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

geary has been feast or famine this year...overall he has actually been good...but when hes been bad hes gotten clobbered...he has over 20 appearences and i think hes given up all his runs in three or four of those games

yesterday and the cub debacle standing out

madsen returning should ease his workload

i think geary will be ok