UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Rampage did turn his back on his team when they were losing, which was  most of the time. He mght be a good ultimate fighter but  the show made him look like a one liner jerk off.

mussa

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 18, 2010, 02:04:59 PM
Quote from: mussa on May 18, 2010, 01:36:40 PM
I love Rampage. Didn't watch any of the Ultimate Fighter stuff and really don't care.

That is because you are a douche of epic proportions. 

It's most likely because I don't have cable. Black on black crime ftw
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD

Anyone go to local fights? My buddy is fighting his first MMA fight in Lancaster on the 4th. Insert Amish joke here.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: SD on May 28, 2010, 10:29:13 PM
Anyone go to local fights? My buddy is fighting his first MMA fight in Lancaster on the 4th. Insert Amish joke here.

I'll be there, a guy I sometimes train with is fighting.  There are also two other guys from the gym I go to fighting that night as well.  Its an ok venue.  What weight class is your buddy fighting at? Is he fighting pro or amateur?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

I'm guessing amateur since this is his first fight. I have no idea what the weight classes are but my guess is he's in the 215-230 range. His name is Brian Harris.

mussa

That fight was whack. I've never once thought a ufc fight could be rigged, but last night i questioned it.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

what was rigged?  seemed like rashad was just so much faster than rampage.   i really wanted rampage to farg him up though.

MURP

Quote from: mussa on May 30, 2010, 11:13:45 AM
That fight was whack. I've never once thought a ufc fight could be rigged, but last night i questioned it.

LOL.   Rampage just didn't have it last night.  other than one burst where he almost finished Rashad he pretty much did nothing whatsoever.  He blames ring rust, whatever it is he needs to get back out there quick.     If anything was rigged it was the decision for  Little Nog over Brilz which was an awful decision by the judges as noted by Dana White. 

Drunkmasterflex

Yeah Brilz got straight robbed. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

shorebird

The Rashad Rampage fight was somewhat anticlimactic.

mussa

I don't understand how Rampage just stopped punching Rashad when he had him down. To me it looked like he was a punch or two from being done, then just stopped. He is either out of shape or something because I've never seen a fighter of his skill stop striking when you have the opponent down like that. It just seemed very odd. Maybe it was ring rust or whatever but Rashad didn't look good either...

phattymatty

well it was rampage's first fight in like 14 months and i can't imagine the A-Team press tour did anything to help his getting ready for the fight.

MURP

Quote from: mussa on May 31, 2010, 11:57:52 AM
Rashad didn't look good either...

i think its one of those looks can be deceiving things.   The fight wasn't exciting and he played it safe which ended up working out for him at the cost of it being fairly boring.   That being said he landed more strikes, had more take downs, and controlled almost the entire fight on the fence not allowing Rampage to do much of anything.      Hopefully Rampage and Machida get matched up next, both coming off an important loss they should really want to get after it and make it exciting.     Also a Rua/Evans fight would have the makings of something good.  hopefully. 

SD

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/01/jarrod-wyatt-murder-detai_n_596263.html

QuoteJarrod Wyatt Murder Details: MMA Fighter Allegedly Ripped Out Victim's Heart

Jarrod Wyatt, a 26-year-old mixed martial arts fighter, is accused of brutally murdering his 21-year-old friend, Taylor Powell. According to the Times-Standard, prosecutors claim the pair took mushrooms along with two other friends in late March. The paper reports that witnesses say Powell and Wyatt "became preoccupied with the idea that a tidal wave was coming, that the end of the world was upon them and that a struggle between God and the devil was taking place."

When police arrived, they found Wyatt naked and covered in dried blood. According to an officer at the scene, Wyatt admitted to cutting out his victim's tongue and heart. Powell's corpse included an 18-inch incision on his chest, and Wyatt allegedly said he cooked the 21-year-old's heart in a wood stove to "stop the devil."

The accused killer faces murder charges in Del Norte County (Calif.) Superior Court. The Times-Standard has additional details on the charges.

Diomedes

I put this in the "what is the world coming to" thread yesterday because it didn't seem fair to MMA to put it here.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger