UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Im just curious..has anyone died in the UFC yet?

I love watching a serious ass-beating like the next guy, but when a dude is literally out cold and the other guy does a flying fist to the temple for good measure...jesus christ.

Seabiscuit36

not in a while, i remember back in the early 90's there were dudes dying once a year if not more, but now there is better rules/officiating/doctors. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

he wouldn't have caught that elbow when he was already out if he wasn't an insufferable icehole who never stops talking shtein
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"First and foremost I want to apologize," Lesnar said. "I acted very unprofessionally after the fight. I screwed up and I apologize. I apologize to Bud Light. I'm not biased, I drink any beer."

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

Quote from: SunMo on July 13, 2009, 11:16:19 AM
he wouldn't have caught that elbow when he was already out if he wasn't an insufferable icehole who never stops talking shtein

Word.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

Hendo straight up said that is why he hit him again.  I hate Bisping, I used to like him until he fought Matt Hamel.   He straight up lost that fight but got a little home cooking and then afterwords he was talking sthein, like he beat Hamels ass. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 15, 2009, 12:57:09 PM
Bust his head 'til the white meat show... [/Bernie Mac]

He looks like one of the mutants in Total Recall.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on July 13, 2009, 09:06:20 PM
Hendo straight up said that is why he hit him again.  I hate Bisping, I used to like him until he fought Matt Hamel.   He straight up lost that fight but got a little home cooking and then afterwords he was talking sthein, like he beat Hamels ass. 

I 100% agree with this.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

that's a long way to go, but it's funny as hell
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

theres no MMA without the MA...

The showdown is set for September 19th. The self-annointed pay-per-view king of boxing Floyd Mayweather is going to head-to-head against UFC 103 in Dallas. Who wins the battle? Mayweather or a UFC card without a UFC championship fight on it?

Mayweather's been a lot more anti-MMA recently. Is there a reason behind it? He talks with CBSSports here saying MMA is for animals and it was created because whites can't excel in boxing:

"In boxing, we know who's dominating. Black fighters and Hispanic fighers is dominating in this sport. And this is not a racial statement but there's no white fighters in boxing that's dominating, so they had to go to something else and start something new."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Boxing sucks period. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 22, 2009, 11:14:27 AM
Boxing sucks period. 

its still the sweet science and at least its not on some wrestling monster truck reality tv MA steeze

MixedMiddleAmerica being even semi popular is right in line with walmart/box stores/chain restaurants as to why this country is going into the shteinter
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2009, 11:37:22 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 22, 2009, 11:14:27 AM
Boxing sucks period. 

its still the sweet science and at least its not on some wrestling monster truck reality tv MA steeze

MixedMiddleAmerica being even semi popular is right in line with walmart/box stores/chain restaurants as to why this country is going into the shteinter

Wow you could not be more wrong.  Boxing has gone down the shteiner over the last 5-10 years or so, MMA has blown up in that time period.  Mainly MMA gives people the fights they want to see, boxing you may get to see the fights you want but its is only years after the fact. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell