UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

and what exactly were those moves rj?

rjs246

I'll show you the next time we hang out.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

will it require me to wear a cup? thats all I want to know

rjs246

Never on the first date.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

UFC 87: Emerson vs. Gamburyan

It's damn hard to place two punches better than this...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

reese125

Quote from: EagleFeva on August 10, 2008, 12:06:11 PM

If you watched this past season's TUF, you remember this.

Make sure your speakers are on...  :-D

damn... I felt for dude...the owners face was just like, "please dont farging die...please dont farging die..."

Seabiscuit36

Joe Rogan Saturday night
Goldberg: Short black trunks for Jones, white trunks for Gusmao.
Rogan: ...or black guy Jones, white guy Gusmao.
Goldberg:  That was said by Joe Rogan.
Rogan: I've never understood why people don't say that.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Drunkmasterflex

Glad to see Couture coming back, thought that seems a little early to give Lesnar a title shot.  I guess it is all about the almighty dollar, I wonder why Frank Mir never got another shot. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

Couture is going to sodomize Lesnar.  He's nowhere near polished enough to hang with a guy like Randy... even with the brute strength advantage.  Unless Lesnar can get a lucky punch in... he's going to get handled.

The fight will get PPV buys and mad exposure for the sport though, which is what Dana wants... so it's a good matchup in that respect.

MURP

they had to go with lesnar/coulture for the $$$$.   nobody gives a shtein about Frank Mir even if he beat Lesnar.  coulture/Lesnar is going to rake in great PPV $.

If Coulture wins it keeps the whole Fedor/Coulture thing very alive and if Affliction folds its on.  Hell even if he doesnt win its still alive.

If Lesnar pulls out a win he is immediatley the UFC super star Dana White is dying to make him be.  $$$$$.

if he loses, they say oh well he wasnt supposed to beat HOF Coulter because he is still new to MMA blah blah

its set up perfect for Dana White.

Feva

My boy Rashad knocked Liddell the farg out!  Brutal, brutal KO!

... and now gets a title shot against Forrest Griffin

SD_Eagle5

QuoteFormer UFC middleweight champ Evan Tanner dead at 37by Dann Stupp on Sep 08, 2008 at 9:04 pm ET

Evan Tanner, a former UFC middleweight champion and one of MMA's most popular fighters, was found dead in the Palo Verde mountain area of California today.

He was 37 years old.

A friend of Tanner's told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that authorities have recovered his body. Kyria McBrayer, who also assisted the popular fighter with his "Team Tanner" fan/sponsorship club, said she received the unfortunate news today.

Calls to the Imperial County Sheriff's Office were not immediately returned, but according to published reports, a campsite, which included Tanner's motorcycle, was recently discovered. A sheriff's deputy then found Tanner's body when searching the mountain's Clapp Springs area.

The cause and other details of Tanner's death were not immediately known.

His friends last heard from Tanner this past Wednesday, Sept. 3. A search for Tanner began on Saturday, when temperatures in the area reached nearly 115 degrees, but the efforts initially yielded no results.

The Palo Verde mountain area is located in southern California near the Arizona border.

Tanner (32-8 MMA, 12-5 UFC), a Texas native who won state high school wrestling titles in both his junior and senior years, turned an MMA professional in 1997 and began his career with a stellar 19-1 record to earn his way into the UFC.

Tanner, who claimed he learned much of the sport from instructional tapes and DVDs, received his first UFC title shot in 2001 but suffered a quick first-round knockout to then-UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz. However, after going 7-1 in his next eight fights and dropping to the middleweight division, Tanner defeated David Terrell for the organization's vacant 185-pound title in February 2005.

His championship reign would be a short one, though; Rich Franklin defeated Tanner in his very next fight.

After the loss, Tanner fought twice more for the organization before taking a nearly two-year break from competition. During the time away, Tanner began work on a charity to provide a home, training and support system for disadvantaged athletes, but he ultimately scrapped the idea soon after the home opened. Also during the break, Tanner authored a popular blog on his official website that discussed everything from his travels to the restoration of a sail boat to his battle with alcohol addiction.

In November 2007, though, Tanner confirmed he had signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC and was returning to competition. Tanner shunned corporate sponsorships and instead implemented Team Tanner, which allowed fans to sponsor him directly. Fans were rewarded with gear, memorabilia and other items depending on the amount paid.

Tanner fought twice after signing the deal. He suffered a knockout loss to Yushin Okami in March, and in his most recent fight, he headlined The Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale against "TUF 3" winner Kendall Grove. Tanner lost a close split decision at the June event, and MMAjunkie.com was later told he was trying to fight through injuries at the event.

Just prior to that most recent fight, Tanner became a blogger for Spike.com. The popular online journal chronicled all aspects of his life. His final post was dated Sept. 2.

In an Aug. 16 entry, Tanner discussed his plans to camp out in a California desert as a sort of a spiritual journey. Many readers voiced concern that he expected only to bring the bare necessities.

"I've been gathering my gear for this adventure for over a month, not a long time by most standards, but far too long for my impatient nature," Tanner wrote. "Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert that any failure of my equipment could cost me my life."

In his final post last week, he talked about training at the Compound MMA camp in Oceanside, Calif., and surfing at the local beach.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.