UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Anderson Silva vs. RJJ??

Roy had better hope Silva doesn't forget where he is and use the entire repetoire... could get ugly.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

UFC 84 videos -  http://www.boxlinker.com/

on paper the lineup including BJ Penn, Sherk, Tito, Axe Murderer, Jardine and Sokoudjou ... and the best fight of the night ends up going to Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic.   funny how it works out like that. 

phillymic2000

The  WEC card last night was great, the first fight was meh, but the Torres (he looks like Danny from the Karate Kid) vs. Mejada was out of this world, and the Pulver vs. Faber main event was sick. What a great card if you get a chance catch the replay.

Sgt PSN

So what was up last night with that dude's ear looking like a giant stuffed ravioli? 

phattymatty

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 02, 2008, 01:44:46 PM
So what was up last night with that dude's ear looking like a giant stuffed ravioli? 

different fight.  that was EliteXC or something like that, two nights ago against kimbo slice.  the whole match was weak.  but yeah his floppy ear sack was gross.

last night was WEC and phillymic is right, the last two fights were sick.

i've never really been into mma but i might have to start since boxing is so beat.  i heard that the next heavyweight fight is andrew tony against rahman.  what is this 12 years ago?

MURP

SunMo

thanks for the hookup murp
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Was just announced the other day that my boy Rashad Evans is gonna be fighting Chuck Liddell here in Atlanta in August.  Funny as hell that a guy my brother and I beat up when we were kids is fighting the most well known MMA fighter in the world.

I'm there.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

Quote from: SunMo on June 08, 2008, 04:21:42 PM
thanks for the hookup murp

no prob.

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 20, 2008, 09:47:46 AM
Was just announced the other day that my boy Rashad Evans is gonna be fighting Chuck Liddell here in Atlanta in August.  Funny as hell that a guy my brother and I beat up when we were kids is fighting the most well known MMA fighter in the world.

I'm there.

that must be surreal.   One thing is for sure, no way Rashad can play footsie with Chuck the way he did with Tito.  Should be a fun fight to watch.

Anyone else watch this season of TUFF ?     Saturday night is the finale.    The card is:

Venue: The Palms Las Vegas
Broadcast: Spike TV

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

* Kendall Grove vs. Evan Tanner
    * C.B. Dollaway vs. Amir Sadollah (for "TUF7" championship)
    * Luigi Fioravanti vs. Diego Sanchez
    * Spencer Fisher vs. Jeremy Stephens
    * Matthew Riddle vs. Dante Rivera

PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-TELEVISED)

* Josh Burkman vs. Dustin Hazelett
    * Marvin Eastman vs. Drew McFedries
    * Matt Arroyo vs. Matt Brown
    * Jeremy Horn vs. Dean Lister
    * Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough
    * Rob Kimmons vs. Rob Yundt

Drunkmasterflex

I got to see the Griffin/Jackson fight this morning.  Was a very good fight Forrest won a decision and deserved it, though I thought it was closer than the judges did.  The fight before that Cote/Almeida was complete garbage.  It should be interesting to see who Griffin fights next if it will be Rampage again or the winner of Liddell/Evans.  Either way it should be a good fight. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

shorebird

Here are the judges scores and article.

QuoteThe judges scored it 49-46, 48-46, 48-46 for Griffin.

I don't know about the scoring, I guess thats not close.

I hope I can watch a replay of that fight. I heard from people who saw it that it was a real good one. A buddy of mine said Griffen took a few good shots that would have dropped most guys. 

Drunkmasterflex

It is scored on a 10 pt system like boxing, I must of misheard it.  I thought 2 Judges had it 49-46, either way he did deserve to win.  That being said it was a close fight and could have went either way.  His performance in Rd. 2 was unbelievable. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

i honestly thought rampage won every round except for 2. now..to me rampage didn't seem like he had the fight in him for this fight. he seemed slow and winded quick. i can see why the judges gave it to forrest. he barely looked winded at all and kept his stature and took some vicious punches and kept fighting back. i think rampage threw one kick...forrest kicks won the match hands down and obviously kept rampage away. rampage had a horrific ground game.  there better be a damn rematch cause that fight was great.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

i think forrest won the 2nd round 10-8 and won the 5th while rampage won the 1st.  it's the 3rd and 4th that i am unsure about.  i guess the judges thought forrest did enough to deserve the title. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

I agree Sun the 3rd and fourth were difficult to score, arguments could be made for either fighter.