UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RezRob

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on October 26, 2007, 02:48:01 PM
Fedor may be the shtein, but all of these guys from pride that were supposed to come over to UFC and dominate have for the most part gotten their asses handed to them.
Tru dat. Cept Rampage. There is a rules ajustment period though, they can't head kick on the ground in the UFC, and no elbows in Pride. Cage/Ring etc.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

SunMo

SPOILERS ABOUT THE LATEST TUF EPISODE BELOW.....

i don't understand what the big deal about the decision was

Hughes' guy got one (i thought lucky) shot in that knocked Serra's guy down, otherwise he didn't really do much in the 1st round that everybody thought he should've won.  when the fight was over i was saying 2 rounds to none for Serra right off the bat.

great 2nd round though.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mussa

nothing but knockouts in the UFC on spike right NOW
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

I agree SunMo ... they were all a little out of control about going to a round 3.  For as much time as they gave the losing fighter (cant remember his name) on the show I was surprised he ended up losing.

Whats up with the psycho wife talking about death on the phone.  I was feeling a little exorcist there, that was fun. 

Feva

Quote from: SunMo on October 26, 2007, 06:40:18 PM
SPOILERS ABOUT THE LATEST TUF EPISODE BELOW.....

i don't understand what the big deal about the decision was

Hughes' guy got one (i thought lucky) shot in that knocked Serra's guy down, otherwise he didn't really do much in the 1st round that everybody thought he should've won.  when the fight was over i was saying 2 rounds to none for Serra right off the bat.

great 2nd round though.

Yeah, I didn't think it was some kind of outrage that there wasn't a round 3.  I gotta say though that the one guy's stupid ass smile the whole fight had me rolling.  Especially after he got dropped.

It was a great fight though... which was a good follow up to the week before in what I think was the best knockout ever on that show.  That dude had to go to his cousin's funeral after getting the shtein knocked out of him.

He probably thought he was Batman going to Robin's funeral.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

this really sucks...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=10087

QuoteThe UFC welterweight championship will be contested for just once in 2007.

Matt Serra (Pictures), who claimed the belt with a shocking win over Georges St. Pierre (Pictures) this April, suffered herniated discs in his lower back Monday, forcing him to withdraw from his anticipated Dec. 29 title defense against former two-time 170-pound champion Matt Hughes (Pictures), the UFC announced Thursday.

Serra and Hughes, who share a healthy rivalry, are coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 6" and would have fought in the co-main event of UFC 79 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

According to UFC.com, Serra, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Renzo Gracie (Pictures), was injured while demonstrating a move following one of his training sessions. A subsequent MRI revealed the severity of the injury.

"This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do," Serra said in a statement on UFC.com. "I've never had a back injury before; I could hardly get off of the MRI table. There is no way I can train through this, and I'm devastated, especially because this was such an important fight. I was looking forward to fighting Matt Hughes (Pictures). All my training was going phenomenally until Monday. All I can do now is to get better and to fight again as soon as possible."

The UFC neither named an replacement for Serra, nor announce whether Hughes would remain on the card.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Drunkmasterflex

^lost his last fight.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

I love Serra, he hates Hughes so much:

Quote"I can't believe the position this puts me in," Serra said on UFC.com. "I'm actually rooting for Matt Hughes so I can beat his ass."

Feva

Yeah, I got a laugh out of that too.  :-D

SunMo

the other night Showtime was replaying an old EliteXC event (their first ever actually) and they had a woman's MMA fight on.  at first i thought it was a joke, but the fight was actually better than some men's fights i've seen.  the girl who won, Gina Carano, was far superior and she is actually pretty hot...

in action..

being hot...

Feva

GSP dominated Matt Hughes at UFC 79 and gets a rematch with Matt Serra.  Watch it while it's there.

Round 1

Round 2

Also... Fedor vs. King Kong

SunMo

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 03, 2008, 08:48:08 AM

Also... Fedor vs. King Kong

jesus christ...he snapped that arm bar on quick

GSP is sick, he'll destroy Serra when they eventually fight

mussa

Damn he made Fedor look like a little kid. thats the biggest jap ive ever seen! fedor makes it look so easy

btw - did silvia beat liddel?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"