UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: MURP on September 22, 2007, 01:45:38 PM

-  I dont like that Jardine got his ass kicked and then gets to fight Liddell.  If Jardine somehow beats Liddell that would mean he "should" be in line for a title fight.  Doesnt make sense.

Exactly, this was all about Dana feeding Chuck an easy opponent after Rampage went crazy on him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Wow! The Griffin/Shogun fight was unreal! Forrest won with less than 30 in the 3rd round with a rear naked.  He pretty much dominated the fight.  I can't believe it.  It was an insanely good fight. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

Jardine beat Liddell in a split decision.  I thought Chuck won but you could make an argument either way.  Chuck won the 1st the second he got knocked down, but came back strong.  Jardine won the 3rd easily.  Even though Liddell is no longer the champ I think he still should have won because he was not decisively beat.  It really was a toss up.  I just think if you are talking about beating the greatest UFC fighter of all-time you need to beat him convincingly.  Silva was pissed at the end of the fight.  You could tell he thought Liddell won.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

saw the Liddell fight and the Shogun fight so far.   

Shogun vs. Griffin should def be up for fight of the year.  That was great.  It's too bad that Shogun didn't have proper cardio.   I cant see how he would have been winded from excitement of the fight, but who knows.   Griffin is really a fun fighter to watch.

I thought Jardine won the match.  He must have hit Chuck with 30 kicks to the ribs.  Liddell was looking for the one shot knockout all fight and it obviously didn't come.   

It does suck that he Wanderlei Silva / Liddell fight is more or less a waste of time at this point. 

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on September 26, 2007, 08:16:05 PM
saw the Liddell fight and the Shogun fight so far.   

Shogun vs. Griffin should def be up for fight of the year.  That was great.  It's too bad that Shogun didn't have proper cardio.   I cant see how he would have been winded from excitement of the fight, but who knows.   Griffin is really a fun fighter to watch.

I thought Jardine won the match.  He must have hit Chuck with 30 kicks to the ribs.  Liddell was looking for the one shot knockout all fight and it obviously didn't come.   

It does suck that he Wanderlei Silva / Liddell fight is more or less a waste of time at this point. 

Just another Pride fighter who didn't live up to the hype.

MURP

Some stuff....

1.  Rumor is that Chuck Liddells camp is calling for a Liddell / Shogun fight next.   I can get interested in that one.

2.  Bisping / Hammill rematch postponed: from Bispings site   ???

Quotehe rematch betwen Hamil and I was being planned for Nov 27 in New Jersey. Unfortuntely Hamil is unable to fight as he is having knee surgery. I am dissapointed as I was really looking forward to fighting him again. That said, myself having a torn posterier cruciate ligament in each of my knees for my last 3 fights I can understand why he's having it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery  matt and hopefully we can "get it on" soon.On a side note it gives my big toe a chance to heal as I stubbed it on the way o the octagon. Stay tuned....

3.   JARDINE.  Dude is scary.

4.  unofficial UFC payouts from last fight..... Sun MO, I guess Jardine got screwed after all. 

QuoteKeith Jardine $14,000 def. Chuck Liddell $500,000

Forrest Griffin $44,000 def. Shogun Rua $150,000

Jon Fitch $44,000 def. Diego Sanchez $22,000

Lyoto Machida $50,000 def. Kazuhiro Nakamura $20,000

Tyson Griffin $24,000 def. Thiago Tavares $9,000

Rich Clementi $24,000 def. Anthony Johnson $5,000

Jeremy Stephens $6,000 def. Diego Saraiva $3,000

Christian Wellisch $14,000 def. Scott Junk $4,000

Matt Wiman $16,000 def. Michihiro Omigawa $5,000

Total fighter Payroll = $954,000

MURP

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Seabiscuit36

Tomorrow i'll be finding out if tickets are available for the UFC78 fight up in Newark.  Supposedly all the $103 tickets are gone, if thats the case i'm not gonna fork over more than that. 

Murp, have you heard anything else about them hosting fights at the Wach? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

nothing for UFC that I know of... I heard some sort of radio commercial about fights down there, but I wasnt paying close attention.  I dont think it was UFC, probably one of the smaller fight leagues in the area.  There are always fights down at Atlantic City.... like King of the Cage events etc. 

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

I know Couture has a bunch of other interests he wants to pursue but I doubt he stays retired for long.

MURP

all the rumors are pointing towards Liddell / Wanderlei.

tomorrow Silva/Fraklin is on.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I heard UFC isn't going to let Couture retire.  I wonder how they plan to enforce that.