UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on September 09, 2007, 12:59:36 AM
I also thought Hamil won. 

Decent fights.  Cant wait to see Houston Alexander again.

Hamil absolutely got robbed, I lost all respect for Bisping after that fight talking shtein about how he won.  He got his ass whipped.  Thought the other fights sucked, especially the Congo and Cro Kop fight. 

I also agree with you about Houston Alexander, dude is a beast.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

I was watching this Saturday night on Spike, and Houston Alexander was the guy I'd LEAST like to fight in real life.  Maybe the Eagles can sign him to return punts.

Feva

I just watched this thing and even though I like Bisping... man, there is NO WAY he won that fight.  Hamill was outstriking him, taking him down whenever he really tried, and kept Bisping off balance the ENTIRE fight.  Hamill needs to appeal that decision or something.

Houston Alexander, once again... the star of the entire show.  I don't think anyone wants to fight that cat.  He's had two UFC fights (his 1st one where he was being "fed" to Jardine)... and I don't think he's fought 2 minutes total yet.  The light heavyweights are gonna have to deal with him... and soon.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

instead of wasting everyones time with a Rashad/Tito rematch, they need to let Alexander fight one of them and when he wipes them up he gets a title shot
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

MURP

nice animated GIF thre Feva.   

I am really interested to see Alexander in a fight that lasts.  Maybe with someone like Henderson who has an iron head and wouldnt get knocked out so early.   Alexander did seem mighty winded in the post fight interview even though the fight was only a minute or so long.   Im sure his adrenaline was pumping for that which made him more tired, but it will be interesting to see how he holds up to someone who can take a punch.

funny pic

MURP

MURP

anybody else watch ultimate fight night on Wed?   Chris Leben fight was classic.  He looks and fights totally different now.  It was strange to see.

Ultimate Fighter show was ok... remains to be seen if if it will be any good yet.  The first fighter who won has the exact same attitude as Ed Herman so that seemed kinda like "been there seen that" type of thing.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on September 21, 2007, 09:27:12 PM
anybody else watch ultimate fight night on Wed?   Chris Leben fight was classic.  He looks and fights totally different now.  It was strange to see.

Ultimate Fighter show was ok... remains to be seen if if it will be any good yet.  The first fighter who won has the exact same attitude as Ed Herman so that seemed kinda like "been there seen that" type of thing.

That fight was ridiculously good, Leben finally seemed to develop some patience.  The Florian/Thomas fight wasn't bad either. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

Florian is like Joyce Gracie in the fact that he looks like a totally harmless human being but he can whip some ass. 

SunMo

is anybody going to spend money on the PPV tonight...i just can't spend the money to see Keith Jardine get knocked out in a main event

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: SunMo on September 22, 2007, 08:50:01 AM
is anybody going to spend money on the PPV tonight...i just can't spend the money to see Keith Jardine get knocked out in a main event

I am because I love watching Griffin fight, though he is probably going to get destroyed tonight. 

SunMo

what's the complete card?  does the card as a whole make up for the weak main event in your opinion?

nevermind, i found it...the Diego Sanchez fight looks good as well.  not sure the entire card holds up though.

MURP

The card is a little weak, but that probably means it will end up being awesome...... either way Im just gonna try and find the vids online afterwards. 

-  I dont like that Jardine got his ass kicked and then gets to fight Liddell.  If Jardine somehow beats Liddell that would mean he "should" be in line for a title fight.  Doesnt make sense.

- The Griffen vs. Shogun fight is def the one I want to see though.  See if the whole PRIDE/UFC thing is in effect.