UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Couture showed why he is a HOFer by beating Gonzaga tonight.  I hope there is a rematch, after GG got his nose busted the fights outcome was pretty much pre-determined.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

NGM

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 26, 2007, 12:46:36 AM
Couture showed why he is a HOFer by beating Gonzaga tonight.  I hope there is a rematch, after GG got his nose busted the fights outcome was pretty much pre-determined.

I honestly thought Couture was going to get his ass beat; Gonzaga is no joke.  Heres to human-growth-hormone. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Feva

QuoteCOUTURE BREAKS ARM

Even Superman feels it from time to time.

Following yet another feather-in-his-cap performance Saturday at UFC 74 in Las Vegas, real life superhero Randy Couture (16-8), was informed Sunday by doctors that he'd broken his arm during his third round TKO stoppage of Gabriel Gonzaga (8-2).

Couture, 44, sustained the injury Saturday blocking a Gonzaga right high kick with his left forearm, cleanly separating the ulna bone with a "nightstick fracture," a break common in law enforcement circles. The injury placed the UFC heavyweight champion's arm in a splint for six weeks. The appendage will not need a cast.

"It's not displaced, so the doctors think it will reattach in about a week and a half," said Couture, who embarks on a South African adventure to shoot a leading role in major motion picture "The Scorpion King – The Akkadian" in nearly six weeks. It is believed the injury will not effect Couture's shooting schedule.

To watch Couture's reaction of his bout and for a re-cap of all the fights, check out The Fight Network's original series "After The Bell" in the homepage's video player.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

farging badass...i watched the ppv last night

overall it was meh and not worth the money, but that fight was great
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

I got a bunch to go over.... release.....

ya know,  Couture is a class act all the way, but after seeing the still frame pics of how ripped he was at that age it makes you wonder about the ROIDS....

GSP fight was ok, not great.   GSP is quite amazing with some of the things he does.. take down defense anyone?  I really wanted to see him destroy KOSH.

Seeing DA SPYDA get farged up was fun.  I was getting sick of his act.

Bunch of upcoming events is always exciting....

UFC 75 is in 10 days or whatever.  Free on Spike.   
This is the superfight..> Henderson Vs Rampage.  Can it ever live up to the hype....?
Bisping is back vs. Hamill.  Bad blood there. 
CROCOP vs Kongo.  I am really looking forward to this one because both are stand up fighters with great strikes.  Lets look for someone to get farged up.
Houston Alexander returns after his destruction of Jardine.  Is he for real ?

New Ultimate Fighter starts Sep 19th on SPIKE. 

UFC® Fight Night is also on the 19th on SPIKE...  Florian, Swick, Leben , Diaz....  could be some fun fights there.

Who wants to see Matt Hughes from old school?

Fighter Paydays from past UFC:

Quoteaccording to MMA Weekly:

DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $730,000

-Randy Couture: $250,000 (18th fight in UFC; defeated Gabriel Gonzaga; win bonus was $0)

-Gabriel Gonzaga: $45,000 (5th fight in UFC; lost to Randy Couture; win bonus would have been $45,000)

-Georges St. Pierre: $140,000 (10th fight in UFC; defeated Josh Koscheck; includes $70,000 win bonus)

-Roger Huerta: $34,000 (5th fight in UFC; defeated Alberto Crane; includes $17,000 win bonus)

-Joe Stevenson: $32,000 (6th fight in UFC; defeated Kurt Pellegrino; includes $16,000 win bonus)

-Patrick Cote: $24,000 (6th fight in UFC, defeated Kendall Grove; includes $12,000 win bonus)

-Kendall Grove: $12,000 (4th fight in UFC; lost to Patrick Cote; win bonus would have been $12,000)

-Josh Koscheck: $10,000 (9th fight in UFC; lost to Georges St. Pierre; win bonus would have been $10,000)

Kurt Pellegrino: $8,000 (4th fight in UFC; lost to Joe Stevenson; win bonus would have been $8,000)

-Alberto Crane: $4,000 (1st fight in UFC; lost to Roger Huerta; win bonus would have been $4,000)

-Frank Mir: $66,000 (11th fight in UFC; defeated Antoni Hardonk; includes win bonus of $30,000)

-Marcus Aurelio: $30,000 (1st fight in UFC after 6 fights in Pride; lost to Clay Guida; win bonus would have been $30,000)

-Renato "Babalu" Sobral: $25,000 (10th fight in UFC; defeated David Heath; Sobral would have also received a $25,000 win bonus, but it is currently being withheld due to his actions pending a hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission)

-Thales Leites: $18,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Ryan Jensen; includes $9,000 win bonus)

-Clay Guida: $14,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Marcus Aurelio; includes $7,000 win bonus)

-Antoni Hardonk: $8,000 (3rd fight in UFC; lost to Frank Mir; win bonus would have been $8,000)

-David Heath: $6,000 (4th fight in UFC; lost to Renato "Babalu" Sobral; win bonus would have been $6,000)-Ryan Jensen: $4,000 (1st fight in UFC; lost to Thales Leites; win bonus would have been $4,000)

You can see the Babalu fight and choke here:

LINK TO VIDEO

MURP

UFC 75 tonight  9pm on SPIKE.

SunMo

Hamil got robbed...how anybody gave Bisbing the decision is incredible...farging brutal judging

PhillyPhanInDC

No shtein. He rocked Bisbing with that big right in the first, and had tons of takedowns.

I will say this, why Hamil refused to ground and beat him to a pulp is beyond me, and he looked completely winded by halfway through the second round, and he kept dropping his hands and looked like he just wanted to wait around for a decision.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

Hamil won that without a doubt. 

Rampage talks like he's in the three six mafia
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

I also thought Hamil won. 

Decent fights.  Cant wait to see Houston Alexander again.

PhillyPhanInDC

The Rampage fight was a yawner. Other than that, some good fights. Hamil got robbed, I wonder since it took place in England, where all the judges were from.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

Quote from: PPinDC on September 09, 2007, 01:44:59 AM
Hamil got robbed, I wonder since it took place in England, where all the judges were from.

that's what i thought

once i heard the first judge score it 28-27 for Bisping, i knew they farged Hamil

the Jackson fight was terrible

Rome

I DVR'd it last night.  The Rampage right was boring, though?

Damn.

I was going to stick around and watch it at my local pub but it was even more crowded than usual last night.  I can't believe they didn't know it was on regular television.  It's amazing, MMA really is becoming hugely popular at least with the college-aged crowd.  More people were there to watch the UFC than college football yesterday.

SunMo

i remember being bored...but i was shteinfaced as well, but it went the distance and not much happened

Rome

I wasn't all that lit up.  I had a few beers after golf and watched the ND/PSU snoozefest then went home.

The last thing I wanted to be was wrecked this morning with the Eagles playing at 1:00.

Tomorrow morning, though. . . ugh.