UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

check out Gabe Ruediger getting smashed by Hermes Franca.   ha.

link

SunMo

any organization where Gabe Ruedigar is champion leaves a lot to be desired
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: SunMo on June 20, 2007, 03:46:41 PM
any organization where Gabe Ruedigar is champion leaves a lot to be desired

I was thinking the same thing when I heard them refer to Gabe as the champ.

What a piece of shtein.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

fights begin soon on Spike.

Feva

Pretty decent show.  No big KO's (on purpose anyway in Gray's case), but a couple nice submissions.

1. That was funny as hell seeing Gray knock himself out when he slammed Emerson to the ground.  I didn't even notice he was out as it happened live.  It wasn't until the official announcement and then seeing it on the replays that I saw it.  Tough break for Gray.

2. Funny thing about Andy.  On the show, BJ dropped him from his team because he totally went away from his strength (jiu-jitsu) and just wanted to throw hands against Brandon.  In the pre-fight he says how much he learned from that mistake and how he's a different fighter now and what does he do?  He abandons his jiu-jitsu and just threw hands with Cole.  Andy didn't touch the mat at all until Cole put him on his ass with that high kick.  He may have had a point though when he was saying that the ref may have stopped the fight prematurely.

3. I know Nate didn't want to win the way he did... but hey, congrats to him.  They'll have to do that again.  Nate was losing that fight up until the point Manny got hurt... but who knows?  He may have come back and took the fight.  That had been his thing on the show.  Both Corey and Gray were kicking his butt before he tapped them.  Manny's  a little beast though.  He easily could have kept doing what he was doing and won that fight.

4. BJ beat the shtein out of Jens.  Even the first round... you could just see that he was better.  Took him down hard... as soon as Jens got up, BJ took him right back down again.  Then at the end... anyone notice that BJ held onto that choke juuuuust a little too long?  :-D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

yeah, BJ didn't want to let go of that choke, he went psycho for a half a second there.

Gray's slam was one of the best i've seen watching MMA, i thought it was a BS decision though, because Emerson tapped out.  if Emerson didn't tap, and they both just laid there unable to go, i understand the no contest, but Emerson tapped, so he should've lost.

MURP

I agree that Emerson should have lost even if Gray knocked himself out.  A tap is a tap IMO.    BJ holding the choke longer than needed was funny.  Im surprised Jens didnt say a word about that.   Im still trying to get to bjpenn.com but the site is down still.  damnit!

phillymic2000

LIL Evil wanted nothing to do with fighting last night, it was dissapointing.

MURP

UFC 73 on tomorrow night.  Best fight card in a while.  Hopefully the fights live up to the hype.........

http://73.ufc.com/

SunMo

not only that, but there is a pretty good heavyweight fight on HBO at 5pm

i'm getting UFC 73, but it pisses me off that comcast doesn't offer it in HD around here. 

MURP

good interview with Dana White... answers a lot of questions that were floating out there.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/mixedmartialarts/article_1751066.php

SunMo

that's a great interview...that's what i love about Dana, he's completely honest and doesn't bs anyone

MURP

i agree. Dana has his faults, but he doesnt back down from any interview questions.  Makes you wish the Eagles front office would answer with such candor. 

MURP

good set of fights.   Some real knee/leg bombs that could have ended the fights as big upsets, but turned out to no affect the outcome.   Rashad Evans really disappointed me though.  He needed to bring it and didn't.   Now we have to wait a while to watch the same damn thing.   Sherk is a fargin animal.  That guy is something else.