UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

anyone catch any of the ECF fights on Vs? saw a few good matches last night.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

here are the videos from UFC Fight Night 10

Main Event - Sam Stout vs Spencer Fisher  link

Jon Fitch vs Roan Carneiro           link

Andrew McFedries vs Jordan Radev   link

Jason Black vs Thiago Tavares  link

Anthony Johnson vs Chad Reiner   link

Don Ho

Remember this guy?  Alexio.  Fought out of Hawaii for years.  I guess he was more the traditional kick boxing.  Guy was always in trouble.  He used to hang out at the beach club I go to and actually work out on the bag in the gym.  He was never physically imposing, actually always looked out of shape.  Could still kick the shtein out of me.

http://kgmb9.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=11698&sid=1183
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MURP

last two TUF shows were on last night.  I wont give up the names of the finalists if you didnt watch em yet.  both fights were good.   June 23rd is the live finale. 

Feva

Quote from: MURP on June 14, 2007, 01:45:39 PM
here are the videos from UFC Fight Night 10

Main Event - Sam Stout vs Spencer Fisher  link

Jon Fitch vs Roan Carneiro           link

Andrew McFedries vs Jordan Radev   link

Jason Black vs Thiago Tavares  link

Anthony Johnson vs Chad Reiner   link

God bless you, MURP... I had missed Fight Night this past Tuesday and heard it was a helluva show.  After watching the clips... this thing had it all.  Quick KO's... submissions (Tavares put on a farging CLINIC) and a war with two guys beating the shtein out of each other for 3 rounds.  Btw... Rogan kept saying it during the fight but damn... Sam Stout can take a punch!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

it was a great set of fights.   

I was just watching a Rampage Jackson pre Liddell fight interview and a reporter asked Rampage what his biggest concern was with facing Liddell...  Rampage responded with a straight face... "that I hope I dont kill him."   

classic. 

Seabiscuit36

UFC 75 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The event is currently scheduled for Saturday, September 8, 2007 at The O2 in London, England. The main event will be a superfight between current UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and PRIDE Fighting Championships's 83 kg and 93 kg champion, Dan Henderson. British fighter Michael Bisping, who was originally scheduled to face Matt Hamill, will be fighting TUF 3 coach Ken Shamrock and Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic will take on French heavyweight Cheick Kongo.[1]

The event will be the third event in Europe in the last year, along with UFC 70 in Manchester, England, and UFC 72 in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

Bisping is fighting Shamrock?  hahaha.    That Cro Cop/Kongo fight could be awesome, both guys have big time strikers who probably want no part of taking it to the ground. 

mussa

Does Dan Henderson have a chance? Can't recall seeing him fight, ill have to look him up :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Henderson is thought of as one of the better fighters out there.  Only reason mainstream doesnt know about him is because he has been in PRIDE for a long time.   He knocked Wanderlei Silva out back in the winter. 

MURP

Here is that vid of Hendo and Silva

link

Feva

Quote from: mussa on June 18, 2007, 12:19:54 PM
Does Dan Henderson have a chance? Can't recall seeing him fight, ill have to look him up :yay

Hell yeah, he's got a chance.  Henderson's the current champ in 2 different weight classes (Middleweight and Welterweight) in PRIDE.  Like MURP said, he doesn't get much mainstream attention because he's not been in the UFC long.

You could even call Henderson the favorite. He's a top class wrestler as well as an accomplished striker.  Dan Henderson is a farging beast.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

well UFC 72 was on last weekend, I caught a couple of fights online, which have now been deleted.  Looks like UFC is finding more of the video sites and getting them removed.  Anyway, it was a very boring UFC. a bad card and week fights.  Thankfully that one is over.

DONT FORGET,   TUF FINALE AND COACHES FIGHTING JUNE 23rd on SPIKE !!

I cant wait to see BJ Penn and Pulver fight again.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP