UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

here is a recent web chat that Fedor had with fans.  A little hard to read the way they laid it out on the site with no spaces, but whatever.

http://fedor.bel.ru/index_eng.shtml?id=150

Drunkmasterflex

Wow, I thought Lesnar looked awesome there.  He was able to pass that dude's guard with ease.  It is not often you see guys that size get manhandled.  It was kind of a strange tap out though.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

ha, check this out.  Marlon and Noah  from the TUF show are actually going to fight on the TUF 5 finale.

link

QuoteUFC swings, misses in staging Sims-Thomas fight

Let me get this straight: two guys (one of them admittedly tanked on half a bottle of tequila) pummel each other in a street fight on national television, get kicked off the show for their actions and are then rewarded with a chance to fight on the show's live season finale?

This is the WWE, right? Think again: This is a page from the UFC playbook.

Spike TV announced today that Marlon Sims and Noah Thomas will meet on the undercard of the season five finale of The Ultimate Fighter June 23 in Las Vegas.

Must-see TV? Not even close.

These are two guys who egregiously disrespected the show and their sport by engaging in bare-knuckle fisticuffs on last week's episode of the reality show in a wild and irresponsible dustup. The fight included Thomas sucker-punching Sims and Sims returning the favor by slamming Thomas headfirst not once, but twice on the concrete patio of the fighters' house. To punctuate the grotesqueness of the transgression, viewers could actually hear Thomas' skull smacking against the patio.

UFC President Dana White blasted the antics of the two fighters - and those of Alan Berube, who served as the Barnum & Bailey of the proceedings - and kicked all three contestants off of the show.

White was pointed in his profanity-laced scolding of the fighters, noting that he had worked six years trying to overcome the perception that ultimate fighting is no more than a glorified barroom brawl. Sims and Thomas didn't do much to help White's cause.

White took a hard line on the incident, and, frankly, I fully expected Sims and Thomas to have "fought" in the UFC for the last time. Their actions certainly warranted the harsh punishment.

However, not only are the two fighters still very much a part of the UFC, they are actually being welcomed back with open arms to fight on live television in the season finale and pocket some cash for their efforts.

So much for White's hard line and ensuring the integrity of the sport.

This is nothing short of amazing. Let's recap for a minute, shall we?

• Unsanctioned fight.

• Sucker punch.

• Intoxicated fighter.

• Head bounced off of concrete - twice.

And the fighters are rewarded? The UFC doesn't whiff on many, but it blew this one.

What's next ... letting Berube serve as guest referee?

MURP

even better, here is one of Marlons street fight stories from the TUF message board....  classic.

QuoteBy: mrindestructible (36)
On: Jun 4, 2007 | 8:14 PM

Hey Roberj and everyone else, sorry I'm tardy for the story, but I do have a full time job and my girl is always hogging the computer for her clinical studdies. Well it's story time.....here goes.

It's Wednesday night in S.F. and I'm visiting my buddy at his bartending job on my night off from my restaurant "Le Colonial". My buddy Paul mixes a mean margarita, not to sweet, tart and refreshing the way a good margarita should be. I sit at his bar untill he closes down and then we adventured to the Mission district to Beauty bar where the clientel is usually modern attractive ladies and mellow hipster dudes. For some reason they started to promote a "Hip-Hop" night this particular wednesday. My buddy Paul and I thought nothing of it and went in, drank shots of what else.....Tequilla!! Chased by Margaritas of course. We were having a great time dancing with the ladies and listening to killer tunes. Apparently at some point, my buddy danced with the wrong girl and didn't know it. We went to the bar for a refresher shot and when my buddy bought the shot I looked down, grabbed my drink, and looked back at him to say "Cheers".........well my buddy was no longer there. He was falling to the floor about 5 feet behing me.

A small circle had formed behind us and when I quickly reached over and grabbed him from hitting the floor unconcious....it hit me. He had just been blind-sided and the reason the crowd had formed a circle was because they new before we (or just me) new what was happening. I picked my unconcious and very timid and mellow buddy off the floor and shoved him into the crowd to be swallowed up to safety and grit my teeth and turned and faced what was coming.....a fu@#ing hurricane of fists, feet and canes.

Before I knew what was going on I was tackled at the midsection and pushed back to the bar, where by this angry black man, was held strategicly in place (he grabed onto the bar railing behing me to secure his grip). All at once I had a guy kick me repeatedly in the nuts while anothe man grabbed me by the neck to start wailing on my beautifull (ha-ha-ha!) face over and over again untill he stepped aside to allow his big african-american friend to wind up and bust a cane over my left eye-temple region. Yes I saw it coming and there was nothing I could do. Bang! It breaks over my head. I was about to go out when addrenaline and booze completely took over and I was able to grab the dude who had me against the bar by his balls and SQUEEEEEEEZED untill he yelped in pain and let go long enouph for me to free my arms and put him in a headlock. When I turned him he blocked his buddies for a second and it was long enough to land 3 or 4 solid punches to his nose. He squirted blood out his face, screemed loudly and dropped out of my grip to the floor. Dude who had me by the throat jumped over his buddy grabbed my neck again and bent my back over the bar. He was big. I'd say at least 6' 2" by the way he god leverage on the bar. He reared back to drop a huge right hand on me. I was blind to him cause me head was facing the cieling from his grip and all I could do was feel his arm and hand around my neck. I reached up quickly, found his face, palm struck his jaw and came down with a Tiger Claw to his eye-sockets (old school Kenpo, never dies, just gets better with age : ) This was one continues sequence. I know I got him good cause There was blood on my hands and screemed like a little girl, turned away from me, and ran out the front.....Whew! I was finally out of his grip, and no one was holding me to the bar any-more.

I finally caught my base, stood strong in my fighters stance ready to go and was more focused now the addrenaline had worn some of the alchohol off. There were two big-ass brothers in there Fubu gear jumping around in front of me now. My buddy Paul, who I see in the backround now, has come to and was looking at me with his jaw wide open. One of the guys in front of me was the one yeilding the broken end of the cane he had broken over my head and the other dude was......well just a black man hoppin' around. I lunged forward with a Thai-style front kick at the guy with the cane-end and caught him dead-center in his chest.......he flew backwards off his feet onto the ground at the edge of the crowd that had formed a now bigger circle. His buddy lazilly (as if he was pretty tired at the point) threw a looooooping rite hand at me. I realized this was the ahem...gentleman kicking me in my gonads. As his slow a$$ punch was coming around the bend I let fly my own groin kick......I don't think he was expecting it......he went crosseyed as it landed squarly on his package. His knees crossed and he fell forward only to meet my left switch-kick on his way to the ground. He was laying in a pool of his own blood for a while. Dude with the cane stood up, put his hands on his knees took a deep breath and said "Yo man, we all cool. We gonna get up out this bi%&h. We got now beef wit' you. Your homie was hittin' on my girl and we was fellin' to put a hurtin' on yer boy......I'm out". He then turned and walked away. I let him cause', to tell you the truth, I was ****ed up and tired myself.

I could feel the blood coming out my lips, nose, head and eye-ball. My nuts felt like someone had been kicking them repeatedly and the alcohol wore off just in time for all the pain to set in at once. Anyways, I missed work for a week cause' of bruises, cuts and black eyes. Couldn't walk the next day, or day after that (the groin thing) and only one of the dudes was still there for the cops when they arrived. Oh well.....at least my buddy Paul made it out with just a sore jaw. He would of been killed by the hommies. They were an experienced rat-packing bunch of hoods who were gonna Monkey-stomp his head untill brains came out his ears. I was happy to help him. I'll do it again for him if he needs me, just like I'd do it for any of you out there in computer land.

Hope you all liked the story. I had fun remembering this one. It happened about 18 months ago. Well it's late here in Miami and I have to be up early for my morning training, but I wanted to get this story to you as I was late in the first place. Take care everyone. Peace out!!

Feva

He whoops up on 4-5 big black cats at once (while getting a cane broken over his head), but one 155lb white dude whoops his ass and chokes him out in 41 seconds.

OK, Marlon...

What a farging idiot.  I hope Noah knocks his ass out too.  :-D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

is there a clip of them two fighting in the house?

that story is def questionable. more like a movie script. no fights happen that clean. i wouldn't doubt though that a guy who's experienced in martial arts can whoop anyone regardless of size.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Martial arts or not... if 4 big guys pin you against a bar and then crack you over the head with a cane.  It's over.  It's done.

You sure as hell don't all of a sudden break free and take them out one by one while they each wait patiently for their turn for you to beat them up.

Then they damn sure don't all of a sudden stop and explain why they were fighting you in the first place.

Fights are just a whole lot slpooier than that.  All he was missing was a punchline for when he took each one of them out.  He's full of shtein.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 06, 2007, 04:27:14 PM
Martial arts or not... if 4 big guys pin you against a bar and then crack you over the head with a cane.  It's over.  It's done.

You sure as hell don't all of a sudden break free and take them out one by one while they each wait patiently for their turn for you to beat them up.

Then they damn sure don't all of a sudden stop and explain why they were fighting you in the first place.

Fights are just a whole lot slpooier than that.  All he was missing was a punchline for when he took each one of them out.  He's full of shtein.

No doubt.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

bah, looks like they are not going to fight in the finale.  It was a mistake by SPIKE.  Dana White answered that question:

link

Quote"They're not fighting on the finale," said UFC President Dana White. "Not only are they not fighting in the finale, they'll never fight in the UFC. Spike wanted that fight. It ain't gonna happen. No (expletive) way is that fight going to happen. Those guys will never fight in the UFC - ever."

Quote"Mistakes happen. I didn't find out about it until yesterday. We make mistakes over here ... it's unfortunate."

SunMo

instead, they are going to have Gabe versus a bowl of carrots.

i'm betting on the carrots
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

Quote from: mussa on June 06, 2007, 04:04:16 PM
is there a clip of them two fighting in the house?

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2857552

that is only half of the fight.  The first half was hilarous.  high leg kick cheap shot.  Getting smashed into the garden. 

mussa

that was kind of my point, thanks for stating the obvious.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

last nights TUF show was pretty good.  both fights were worth watching.  next week some shtein goes down between Diaz and Karo Parisian... ha.

Feva

Quote from: mussa on June 07, 2007, 01:59:42 PM

that was kind of my point, thanks for stating the obvious.

Ain't no thang.  Just at the end you sounded like you were somewhat believing his bullshtein story.

Quote from: MURP on June 08, 2007, 09:47:01 AM
last nights TUF show was pretty good.  both fights were worth watching.  next week some shtein goes down between Diaz and Karo Parisian... ha.

Yeah... nice episode.  It's funny because as soon as Parysian walked into the training, I thought about his fighting Nick Diaz and if Nate was gonna be all pissy about it.  After the highlight, they kind of blew it off with Nate saying he didn't really care... so that caught me off guard in the credits.  Nate didn't want none of that though.

Speaking of Nate... you ever notice that when he talks, he kinda sounds like a deaf mute or something like that?  If not... remember that for next episode.  :-D

MURP

yeah he sounds like he isnt the smartest dude around.   heh.   

chuck liddell and the ladies at a club   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98&eurl=