UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

well buying it and watching through the computer worked, although in some of the pre fights it froze up a bit.

biggest shock was the Houston/Jardine masacre as mentioned on here.  I couldnt believe that one.  Jardine is an animal and he got his ass kicked quickly by a rookie.    Rampage/Liddell.... wish it would have lasted longer but it was exciting.   Now with Henderson and some others being added to the mix at this weight class we are going to get a lot of awesome fights coming up in the future.

MURP

here is the link to Liddell/Rampage   video link

Houston Alexander vs Keith Jardine
video link

mussa

wow that alexander/jardine fight was brutal  :o
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

well u lost chuck, if you want it that bad you'll fight your way back to be a contender like everyone else.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Even though it's not finished yet... UFC 74 is shaping up to be a pretty good card.  Of course I want to see my boy Rashad come out on top, even though I like Tito Ortiz... and Silva should disassemble Nate "The Great".  Marquardt is a pretty good fighter, but I don't think he's ready for Silva's striking.  Then you add Sean Sherk and TUF alums... Florian and Bonnar... boom, you've got a nice card all the way through.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

great TUF fight this past show.   There are 2 fights on next weeks episode.

SunMo

things didn't go as planned for Johnnie Morton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTd2po3z5xw

"johnnie wake up, say something johnnie"

then he got suspended by the California athletic commission for refusing to provide a urine sample after the fight
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

those wacky USC guys

Feva

Quote from: SunMo on June 03, 2007, 03:58:18 PM
things didn't go as planned for Johnnie Morton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTd2po3z5xw

"johnnie wake up, say something johnnie"

then he got suspended by the California athletic commission for refusing to provide a urine sample after the fight

He got knocked out by a farging standup comedian.  :-D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

ha.  That whole thing was a little crazy.  Stand up comedian... haha.   Fighting at USC field.  Announcers were odd.  Talking about how Morton should not have stepped up to the big time... dude he fought was only 1-0.   

mussa

yea i agree what the hell were they talking about. that happens to everyone in MMA. man he was out for a long time though.

Feva

Looked like he was literally sleeping...

MURP

former WWE star Brock Lesnar has his first MMA fight.  Not very exciting, but here it is if you want to check it out. 

Link

mussa

not exciting, but impressive for making a guy tap-out in the position they were. thats the thing that bugs me about MMA. in similar positions, the amount of punches and strikes not throw. the guys right in front of you, pound as much as you can.  he's def got some heavy hands

lesner looks small, compared to WWF days...