UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Quote from: mussa on May 11, 2007, 01:25:10 PM
i did get to catch the first fight later , wow, that guy is scary. he destroyed that other guy. now he's a fighter.

That was a complete and total DOMINATION.  Got inside him within 5 seconds and just looked for a good place to put him down and then slammed the dog shtein out of him.  Joe knocked him out for a split second with an elbow, but then just kept pounding him.  I haven't seen a fight that lopsided since Diego Sanchez ran through some guy way back on the first season.

Just think... it could have been worse, had Joe landed that vicious elbow that Brian rolled away from.

Btw... it had never occured to me that Joe was the same guy who knocked out Pulver back in September until they flashed back to it.  Had forgotten all about that.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

cant wait to see what this looks like

QuoteSIRIS GETS IN THE CAGE WITH UFC FIGHTER, RAMPAGE, FOR NEW SHOE

SAN DIEGO, CA, May 14, 2007 - San Diego-based skate/surf lifestyle brand, Osiris (www.osirisshoes.com), has recently signed a deal with Ultimate Fighter, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, to create a special edition "Rampage" shoe.

Rampage, currently the #1 contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship, is one of the most exciting and charismatic fighters in the sport. He has fought in both PRIDE and UFC bouts, amassing a career record of 26-6. He is slated to fight Chuck Liddell (Pictures) for the title at UFC 71, on May 26, 2007. This is one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history, as Rampage is the last person to defeat Liddell, the current UFC Lightweight Heavyweight Champion- doing so in definitive fashion, by scoring a T.K.O., in 2003.

The Osiris/Rampage relationship was made possible through Triumph United (www.triumphunited.com). Triumph United, an industry leader in the mixed martial arts world, producing fight gear and apparel, is responsible for introducing Rampage to Osiris. Triumph United lends their expertise of the M.M.A. world to Osiris for their Rampage shoe.

"We are very excited to see the bridge between action sports and MMA complete now. Rampage is very stoked to be working with such a great company," said Hans Molenkamp, President of Triumph United. "It only makes sense that Rampage would join forces with a progressive company like Osiris. His fighting style emulates everything they do as a shoe company- Dynamic, Powerful, and Revolutionary."

"Good ideas usually come from thinking outside the box, but in this case, great ideas have come from thinking inside the cage," said Osiris Creative Creative Officer and Head Footwear Designer, Brian Reid. "Rampage is a great addition to our team and his shoe will help to strengthen the bond between action sports companies, like Osiris, and mixed martial arts." Rampage, a fighter who never seems to be at a loss for words, has an innovative use for his new shoe with Osiris: "Now you can put foot to backside, just like me," said Rampage.

:-D

Feva

I'm gon' whoop Chuck's ass!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

I truly believe chuck is done unless he hurts rampage early with one of those haymakers and then unloads on him. Thats the only way he's gonna beat Rampage.

BTW - Did anyone ever see the Rampage vs Shogun Pride Fight? Rampage got annihilated. I think Shogun is the best light weight in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRHqYUUOX8
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

i just watched the Sanchez/Riggs fight from last Friday, that was some knockout, the knee was awesome.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

ESPN is starting to focus a little bit on MMA and I can't say I'm thrilled about it. 

They have their corporate meat hooks in every other sport and usually when they get involved in something, they commercialize it to a vomit-inducing extent.

MURP

looks like next weeks episode of the ultimate fighter contains a fight at the house.  Could anyone tell who the 2 guys were from the previews?

MURP

Quote from: mussa on May 15, 2007, 04:56:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibYvv7vgnE

butterbean vs zuluzinho  :-D

ha.  when they hit the ground it is like a huge boulder rolling down a hill. 

Feva

Quote from: MURP on May 18, 2007, 09:53:42 AM
looks like next weeks episode of the ultimate fighter contains a fight at the house.  Could anyone tell who the 2 guys were from the previews?

I just saw TUF yesterday.  One of them was definitely Marlon... the other looked to be Noah.

Speaking of Marlon... I laughed my ass off when he got choked out in like 45 seconds after all the shtein he talked around the house.  I was hoping when he fought he'd get knocked out and he damn near did with the first punch of the fight.

I dunno man... call me crazy, but this thing could start to swing back towards BJ Penn in the semis.  His top end fighters (Gray, Matt and Joe) all look pretty damn tough.

MURP

ha.  yeah, Marlon getting whooped up on after talking all that shtein was funny.  3 million street fights!!@#%@%

Feva

Even afterwards... in his little "confessional" to the camera he was talking shtein saying how it was kind of a lucky punch and all.  That might have held a little more water if it wasn't the very first swing Wiman took at him.  He got dominated and still couldn't admit it.

Phanatic

Knowing nothing about UFC / MMA I was watching some of the videos. Pretty cool stuff. What's up with this video claiming 'PRIDE' fighters are better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoMzRLGukxA

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

MURP

basically UFC and PRIDE were the 2 biggest organizations for MMA.   UFC is based in the US.  PRIDE is based in Japan.  Each organization had their own fighters under contracts etc.   So a lot of the fighters from UFC could not fight the PRIDE fighters and vice versa.  A lot of fans liked one organization or the other and would talk shtein about how their favorite fighters were better than the other organizations fighters.   

Recently Dana White (owner of UFC) pretty much purchased PRIDE so now we can see the PRIDE fighters come over to the UFC and fight.   So far the PRIDE guys have lost some of the bigger matchups.   Cro Cop was one of the top PRIDE guys and just lost. 

So the whole shtein talking was kinda like Mac vs PC... Ford vs Chevy etc.  Just a bunch of people saying how one was better than the other etc.

mussa