UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: MURP on May 03, 2007, 02:28:03 PM
here ya go Feva, this fight is getting even better......

- RASHAD EVANS: "TITO ORTIZ HAS NIGHTMARES ABOUT ME"

Damn... reading that makes me wanna see this fight NOW!  They better not disappoint.

Quote from: MURP on May 03, 2007, 02:28:34 PM
oh by the way Feva,  I see that Sean Salmon is on the undercard for UFC 71... so I guess he isnt dead.  ha. 

Don't be so sure.  I'm still not convinced Salmon's awake yet.  That was just a vicious kick he took.

Quote from: mussa on May 03, 2007, 11:24:38 PM
Oh I love Chuck Liddell, but Rampage I think is gonna win. The only way Liddell wins is if he knocks him out.

I don't know why, but the commercial for the PPV where Rampage says, "I'm gon' whoop Chuck's ass!" cracks me up every time.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Seabiscuit36

Johnny Drama "Whats a Chuck Liddell?"
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

Quote from: mussa on May 03, 2007, 11:24:38 PM
Ultimate Fighter was weak tonight, but nxt week is going to be killer.

for real.  That Gabe dude put on one of the most pathetic displays i've ever seen.  He would be a great actor, fargin crying 10 times an episode.  I was hoping he would make weight just so he would get destroyed by Corey.

-  I think I am gonna root for Rampage to win.  Id like to see a shake up in the Light Heavyweight class. Lidell has been the man there for a while.  It would be nice to see a bunch of guys fighting for that top spot.   This weight class is stocked with some potential great matchups and/or rematches :

Rampage
Liddell
Bisping
Jardine
Tito
Rashad
Bonnar
Griffin
Lambert
Machida

:o

MURP

saturday from 6-11 pm on SPIKE TV  they are having a midseason ultimate fighter  marathon in case anyone wants to catch up or missed an episode. 

BigEd76

MURP

damn.   He was very sharp in both his fights this year.  I wonder what happened.  Not often that someone that young and in great shape just goes out like that. 

mussa

I just caught the 2nd fight on Ultimate Fighter tonight. I was pumped to see a straight up brawl between Cory and Emerson. Very disappointed. They both proved nothing other than they fought like amateurs. i though Emerson won, but it could of gone either way. weak!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Father Demon

Quote from: mussa on May 10, 2007, 11:02:15 PM
I just caught the 2nd fight on Ultimate Fighter tonight. I was pumped to see a straight up brawl between Cory and Emerson. Very disappointed. They both proved nothing other than they fought like amateurs. i though Emerson won, but it could of gone either way. weak!

I watched.  I was pretty confident that the black guy won, only because whitey couldn't get inside on him.  It was one hell of a weak ass fight though.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

SunMo

i thought Emerson had won it with all the leg kicks, but he didn't do enough for me to feel he got robbed
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

It was a very dissapointing fight. Although after we found out that Cory never really fought before I am not as surprised.   It could have gone either way. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Dana White signaled the judges to have Cory win the fight.  Dana first came out and said he thought Emerson won, but then in minute later he totally put him down saying he didnt really do what he had to do to win. 

Dana loves Cory's freakish height/weight ratio.  Cory has that stuff which you cant teach and Dana knows he might be able to mold him into something worth while down the line.  Remember when guest coach Jeremy Horn was on the other week and he was flippin out about how much he could train Cory ....

mussa

I wanted to see some takedowns and grappling, but all either fighter would do was throw a punch and jump back quick. def. looked like both fighters were scared of each other or unwilling to make a mistake. i thought cory was gonna farg him up, but it was damn even. the only reason i gave it to emerson was that he had solid leg kicks and he had a take down and a ankle lock at the end of round 2. cory just landed some punches, thats it. whatever. they both sucked. they have a long way to go.

i did get to catch the first fight later , wow, that guy is scary. he destroyed that other guy. now he's a fighter.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

I dont think Cory had any ground game and wanted to keep it standing.  Emerson had some ground game and almost pulled off that ankle lock before the bell rang. Cory would get wrecked by Joe. 

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP