Around The NFL -- Week 16

Started by SD_Eagle5, December 21, 2006, 10:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Minny's up on the Pack 7-6. Favre's thrown 2 picks the last one being a heave to no one. Collingsworth has a mancrush on Winfield.

Rest of the schedule
Week 16
THU, DEC 21 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Minnesota at Green Bay 8:00 PM
SAT, DEC 23 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Kansas City at Oakland 8:00 PM
SUN, DEC 24 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Chicago at Detroit 1:00 PM Fox 
Tennessee at Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS 
Carolina at Atlanta 1:00 PM Fox
Indianapolis at Houston 1:00 PM CBS
Tampa Bay at Cleveland 1:00 PM Fox
Baltimore at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM CBS
New England at Jacksonville 1:00 PM CBS 
New Orleans at NY Giants 1:00 PM Fox
Washington at St. Louis 1:00 PM Fox
Arizona at San Francisco 4:05 PM Fox
San Diego at Seattle 4:15 PM CBS
Cincinnati at Denver 4:15 PM CBS
MON, DEC 25 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Philadelphia at Dallas 5:00 PM NBC
NY Jets at Miami 8:30 PM ESPN

Diomedes

Minny D starting for me in the :CF Keeper League final. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Packers win 9-7 and clinch 2nd place in the NFC North, eliminating the Vikings.

Father Demon

Trying to find the one game that screams "SCORE" this week like St. Louis and Indy did last week.

I'm thinking either Chicago -5 at Detroit, or an upset of AZ +4 in SF.

Thoughts?
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

methdeez

Tenesee has covered every week since young has been in.

PhillyPhreak54

Chefs and Raiduhs played tonight.

Anyone notice?

Yeah, me either.

Diomedes

I noticed.  I got almost 20 points out of LJ for the :CF Keeper final.  Two players down, one RB and my D, and I've already posted 40+.

Watch out FF!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Father Demon

Quote from: Father Demon on December 22, 2006, 12:33:37 AM
Trying to find the one game that screams "SCORE" this week like St. Louis and Indy did last week.

I'm thinking either Chicago -5 at Detroit, or an upset of AZ +4 in SF.

Thoughts?

I decided on neither, but did bet these:

NO +3
ATL -5.5
NE +3

Plus a teaser:
TEN +11.5
NO +10
BAL +10
AZ +11
CIN +10
SEA +11

You care.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

BigEd76

QuoteThe frustration of a lost season finally appeared to boil over when defensive leader Warren Sapp threw a tantrum on the sideline late in the first half as Oakland's offense once again struggled.
Walter was 27-for-37 for 226 yards, but lost two fumbles and threw two interceptions. That gives him 22 turnovers on the season, despite starting only eight games.

It was Walter's second fumble in the first half that set Sapp off. He had been pacing the sideline and yelling in frustration during the drive. He flung his poncho to the ground
after Allen forced and recovered the fumble.

After Johnson scored with 40 seconds remaining, Sapp slammed his helmet to the turf when he returned to the sideline.

Sapp fumed the rest of the half and threw a towel again before heading to the locker room
after Walter's desperation heave was intercepted in the end zone by Page. Page added an interception in the end zone in the fourth quarter to preserve a 20-9 lead.

Sapp declined to comment after the game but his defensive teammates acknowledged that it is frustrating to make a stop and be forced to go right back on the field after a turnover.

"It's like cleaning up your room all day long, and somebody just comes in and messes it up," linebacker Kirk Morrison said. "How would you feel?"

The loss completed a second straight winless season in the AFC West for the Raiders, who have lost 14 straight division games.

...and they still may not get the #1 pick....

Rome

Nothing like throwing your teammates under the bus when they farg up.

Then again, Oakland's defense is 4th overall in the AFC while their offense is butt-naked last, so maybe they have a point.

Either way, I still love watching those fargers suffer, especially Sapp.   :yay

(Edited - make that they're #4 in the NFL in total defense.)   :o

SunMo

yeah, both of Buddy's sons are kicking ass as DC's
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I guess the old chestnut that defense wins championships doesn't apply to the Raidazzzz.

:-D

SunMo

it only applies when you have something that resembles a NFL offense. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz

Can the Saints drop any more passes?  Jeez.  5 drops 2 mins into the 2nd quarter.