Donte' Stallworth

Started by BigSaint8050, November 07, 2006, 09:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

stallworth has played in 83% of his nfl games....not a bad number until you consider that hes missed virtually all those games with the same injury (hamstrings)

id rather have a guy whos missed 70-75% of his games with random ish than have a guy with chronic johnsons
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 09, 2006, 04:05:40 PM
Quote from: King Cole on November 09, 2006, 04:02:24 PM
He played for 13 games in his first season and 11 in his second season. He missed 5 games in his second season and has already pretty much missed 4 or 5 this season already. His hamstring issues have been there, but have never really kept him out for big chunks of seasons.

5 out of 16 games = 31% or roughly 1/3

31% = big chunk of season

You = dumbass

This season he is on pace to miss like 10 games, which will have been more than he has missed in his entire career.

5 isn't a big chunk.

lol @ u
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 09, 2006, 04:03:07 PM
FF: I'll bet you a beer he still gets over 950 yards this season.

Bet to be settled at training camp next year.

Why would I make you buy me a beer when I can put it on the quitter's tab instead?

Revised bet:
Donte gets 950+ yards this season (not including playoffs - lol), and you drink 3 shots of my choosing at training camp next year.  Donte gets 949- yards this season, and I drink 3 shots of your choosing at training camp next year.

Oh, and the loser also has to attempt to approach Tom Heckert and ask about a rumored acquisition.

The BIGSTUD

He still might get 950+ with this cake schedule the rest of the way.

BAAAALLIIIN
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

Fine except for one problem: You're assuming Heckert will still be there.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 09, 2006, 04:20:59 PM

Ha!  OK, if he's not there, that part of the bet is null and void.

You like cement mixers?

ice grillin you

the loser also has to attempt to approach Tom Heckert and ask about a rumored acquisition.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He told me this year that they were going hard after Lelie.  That is incredibly inaccurate.

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 09, 2006, 04:23:34 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 09, 2006, 04:20:59 PM

Ha!  OK, if he's not there, that part of the bet is null and void.

You like cement mixers?

Bailey's & Lime Juice, right?  Ugh.

I'll do it, though.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just kidding.  I'll find something much worse by then.

You do realize you're betting he'll have 646+ yards receiving in the 2nd half of the season, right?

Rome

Yep.  80 yards/game +/- would do it.

Not likely but not impossible either.  I have faith in Donte.

:deion

ice grillin you

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2006, 04:11:08 PM
stallworth has played in 83% of his nfl games....not a bad number until you consider that hes missed virtually all those games with the same injury (hamstrings)

id rather have a guy whos missed 70-75% of his games with random ish than have a guy with chronic johnsons

Exactly. Random injuries aren't something that has to do with a player being injury prone. You get some bad luck, land the wrong ways, get tackled/hit awkwardly, you get injured (Westbrook, McNabb). When you're chronically injure the same area of your body 3 out of the 5 years you've been in the league (Buckhalter, Stallworth), then there should be cause for concern. Of course the differnece between a guy like Buckhalter and Stallworth is a minor, nagging hammy problem vs. three blown out knees. Obviously, Stallworth's stock didn't drop nearly as much as Buck's did after he blew out his knes.

Stallworth won't break 950....Reggie might though. Might.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: rjs246 on November 09, 2006, 03:26:00 PM
Ah so I see how it is. You change your tune once you have been proven wrong so that you sound like you know what you're talking about. Makes sense. Carry on.

Wrong about what, exactly? Everyone here knew the Eagles had/still have the potential to be a playoff team. Even you knew that. I've been saying since draft time that the Eagles can and probably will make the playoffs, if they play like they can and should play. I've ashed Reid on more then one occasion because I think he makes idiot play calls and doesn't run the ball enough, and I never said this team was "great".

So...... ??? You're proved to be totally wrong about Donte Stallworth, and you can't take it so you try and turn it around on me. Again, nice try.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.