Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

As the guy who thinks the tray that pops out of the case is a cup holder, you might be in over your head on this one.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

over my head would suggest that i have a chance of figuring it out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

A windows dvd. Whichever version you need will be on a sticker on the bottom, along with the serial number. If not, enjoy using Ubuntu.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

its says windows XP home edition...are you saying i have to get that to make it work?

General_Failure

ice grillin you

thanks buddy

but is this possible without having to pay for it??

General_Failure

Install this. Then go here and download this. I'm told Windows 7 can burn ISOs correctly without third party software, but I don't know because I'm not a criminal.

ice grillin you

but how do i do it when the computer in need can barely boot up much less connect to the internet

General_Failure

Surely that is your only comptuer, Mister Most Posts No Cellphone.

ice grillin you

it certainly isnt but how do i download cross computer

General_Failure

You're going to have to burn a Windows XP install disc. You'll have to do it from a working computer. If you don't have one, and this is too difficult, you may need to find a local 12 year old. The fatter and pastier the better your odds.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2013, 05:27:15 PM
i got a laptop but the hard drive has been wiped....what do i need to do to get it up and running

as of now when i boot it up i get this: no boot sector on internal hard drive - no bootable devices - strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup ability - press F5 to run onboard diagnostics

What is the make and model?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhanInDC

It may have a recovery partition, when it starts, begin tapping F8 at the Dell start screen. It should take you into a menu with a variety of options and the one at the top should say something like "repair your computer". Select that, then look for something that says "Dell System Restore". If it is there, select it, run it, and you'll be good to go. If not, use GF's advice.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

without getting into where it came from i know for a fact the hard drive has been wiped....if thats the case can what you are saying still work?