Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

They've been moving into the area I grew up in as well.  I moved to Glenmoore after ninth grade (when I transferred to Downingtown), and the suburbs were already encroaching there.  Lots of developments and cookie-cutter homes.  It just kept going after I went to college and Hell's Furnace.

Even Honey Brook has a golf course now.

PhillyPhreak54

I miss the gritty Phoenixville! Chase needs to visit and rub some grit off on it

The totally redid the Bridge Street area too. Major jerkoffville there. Not sure if you've ever been there but that's the street where the colonial theater is

Seabiscuit36

I've taken my deers to be processed in HoneyBrook.  Yeehaw
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 20, 2014, 10:18:21 PM
I miss the gritty Phoenixville! Chase needs to visit and rub some grit off on it

The totally redid the Bridge Street area too. Major jerkoffville there. Not sure if you've ever been there but that's the street where the colonial theater is

They've tried to model it after Manayunk. It's not bad, but the douchefactor has definitely gone up quite a bit. My 2 favorite places to eat as a kid are closed now. Manny's Pizza, which was on Bridge St, and TD Alfredo's on Nutt and (I think) 2nd.  The north side is still relatively unchanged though since that's where most of the homies live.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep that is exactly right...they're going for the Manayunk vibe.

I go to TD's for pizza and there's a place down the road a bit called Liberty Square owned by a greek dude (with a hot ass daughter) and his hoagies and cheesesteaks are the best in town.

Sgt PSN

TD's was awesome when I was in HS. $7.50 got you a meat roll, fries, soda and a pack of Newport.  And they delivered.

PhillyPhreak54

They moved down the road to where a Wawa use to be and the Liberty Square place is in their old building.

They're still pretty cheap. Bob's Haven is another good place

Sgt PSN

Oh, I thought they closed. I knew they moved down the st, but I thought they closed sometime later.

PhillyPhreak54

Nope...I am craving their pizza right now...and Frank's black cherry wishniak

smeags

companies we used to sub contract for built most of the developements around downington, royersford, limerick.

you're welcome.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Limerick used the scare the shtein out of me when I was a kid. I always thought it was going melt down.

Rome

You mean it didn't?  If it did that would go a long way in explaining people from Phoenixville and their inexplicable love of wearing football jerseys at historic landmarks.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 21, 2014, 02:55:43 PM
Limerick used the scare the shtein out of me when I was a kid. I always thought it was going melt down.

i was two stories up on pole scaffolding when the warning alarm test went off for the nuke plant. the alarm was on the utilty pole right across from us. it was so loud it cracked the window in front of me.

yeah those "contractors grade" windows didnt cut it. neither did my ear drums.

General_Failure

How about your pants?

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

it was winter so i had my coveralls on.

they did well after a couple runs through the washer.