2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGM

Quote from: SunMo on October 22, 2006, 02:30:22 PM
next up...Billy King

I would prefer Dallas Green/David Montgomery. 

Get Croce.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

According to WIP, Berube has been named asst. coach of the Flyers. He was an assistant to Stevens when the Phantoms won the Calder Cup in 2005, a team that had 9 of the current flyers
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

The Chief isn't a Hoyda - I'm optimistic with Stevens, but hoping Clarke hasn't ruined the personel of this team beyond repair. This team is in bad shape. They should really consider buying out some deals once the season is over.

Seabiscuit36

I dont believe buyouts are available anymore.  I do like that stevens has already come out blasting the team for not sticking up for forsberg when peters cheapshotted him last week.  Adding the Chief to the mix means the team may suck, but at least you'll see young physical fast play.  Im all for if teh team doesnt improve, selling off forsberg for picks/prospects, same goes for guys like knuble, sandersson, sami.  Basically keep the young talent and gain more from other teams at the deadline. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 23, 2006, 04:09:52 PM
I dont believe buyouts are available anymore. 

I'm pretty sure they are but I think the team takes a cap hit. I'll have to do some research or maybe someone like Ed will come along....

dis12

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 23, 2006, 04:09:52 PM
I dont believe buyouts are available anymore.  I do like that stevens has already come out blasting the team for not sticking up for forsberg when peters cheapshotted him last week.  Adding the Chief to the mix means the team may suck, but at least you'll see young physical fast play.  Im all for if teh team doesnt improve, selling off forsberg for picks/prospects, same goes for guys like knuble, sandersson, sami.  Basically keep the young talent and gain more from other teams at the deadline. 
not sure about Berube (may still have Broadstreet Bullies mentality).  As far as unloading the team to reload, I'm all for it...to a point.  I'd luv to have a bunch of Sami Kapanen-type players.

for those that may be thinking Primeau behind the bench, it's still too early, he needs to get some coach seasoning.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

BigEd76

Didn't see it mentioned, but with Berube moving up from the Phantoms, Kjell Samuelsson takes over as the Phantoms head coach...

I also noticed
Richards and Knuble seem glad that Hitch is gone, while Gagne made a few comments about young players not being able to play for Hitch...

SD_Eagle5

Flyers win! 3-2 OT/Shootout. For whatever reason Atlanta decided to pull Hedberg who played all game for their backup during the shootout. Regardless, its a W. farg you Clarke.

MDS

Like I've been saying for years, they needed to fire the head coach.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

or the Goalie...  Richards won that game for the Flyers, he was everywhere.  Forsberg seemed really energized and wanted the win.  They really need to practice shooting the puck on net

ice grillin you

hopefully richards is set free by stevens

because richards = gawd

im actually looking forward to going to the game tomorrow nite
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

They looked like a different team last night.  I want to see Sandersson play with the rest of the team and not a healthy scratch but Stevens sat him to get energy from Grant last night. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

4-1 Penguins, 17 minutes left in the 2nd.  Niittymaki pulled...

Now 5-1 with 12 minutes left.  Crosby has a hat trick.  Timeout Flyers...