2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

This is interesting. But they still don't have a goalie, their defense sucks and their supposed best player is more fragile than Brian Westbrook. Hooray.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

why are you breaking down this current team...if anyone including ed snider thinks these moves do anything for the foreseeable fucture then they are mistaken

hockey coaches in general are pretty much worthless...easily the least important coach in any sport...as for the gm change...that wont have any impact for at least two years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2006, 11:41:04 AM
why are you breaking down this current team...if anyone including ed snider thinks these moves do anything for the foreseeable fucture then they are mistaken

hockey coaches in general are pretty much worthless...easily the least important coach in any sport...as for the gm change...that wont have any impact for at least two years

hockey coaches have less impact than baseball managers?  it's close i guess, but i give it to baseball managers being less impactful

SunMo

Holmgren is being listed as interm GM, so we'll see who they bring in...Hexy!

as for Forsberg, I would think that they would be able to get at least two young good prospects and draft picks from a contender at the trade deadline.

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe Snider will ask Esche to be the GM and then he'll sign Niitymaki to a 15yr deal!!

ice grillin you

haha

hockey coaches have less impact than baseball managers?  it's close i guess, but i give it to baseball managers being less impactful

no way...baseball managers are very important...infinitely more important than hockey...being a seamhead you of all people should know that

anyone can coach hockey....anyone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

dis12

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 22, 2006, 10:33:49 AM
I can't stand Clarke but I'd rather have him as the GM than Holmgren. And the fact that Holmgren's been making the moves for the past year doesn't speak much for him.
they need a GM that is NOT  from the old Broadstreet Bullies mentality.  Someone who can recognize the type of players for the "new" NHL caliber of play is what is needed, Now.  Clarkie was too set in his old ways, FINALLY Snider recognized that.
As far as Hitch, his specialty was mental prep and strategizing.  we need a PLAYERS COACH.  Stevens might be it, but we'll see.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: dis12 on October 22, 2006, 12:13:03 PM
I can't stand Clarke but I'd rather have him as the GM than Holmgren. And the fact that Holmgren's been making the moves for the past year doesn't speak much for him.
they need a GM that is NOT  from the old Broadstreet Bullies mentality.  Someone who can recognize the type of players for the "new" NHL caliber of play is what is needed, Now.  Clarkie was too set in his old ways, FINALLY Snider recognized that.
As far as Hitch, his specialty was mental prep and strategizing.  we need a PLAYERS COACH.  Stevens might be it, but we'll see.

I hope you're not telling that to me, since I've been leading the anti-Clarke parade since the late 90's and have said a bajillion times that slow immobile defenses went out in the 80's.

dis12

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 22, 2006, 12:18:07 PM
Quote from: dis12 on October 22, 2006, 12:13:03 PM

I hope you're not telling that to me, since I've been leading the anti-Clarke parade since the late 90's and have said a bajillion times that slow immobile defenses went out in the 80's.
I agree with ya.  Even Holmgren is not the correct GM for this team!  No more old-school Flyers as GM.  Even though they they havent been playing for years, they still have old-school habits.  This is a new league, new style. 
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Geowhizzer

I agree.  They need to get out of the "good ole boy" mentality and pull in some new blood.

It will be interesting to see how "temporary" Holmgren is.

SD_Eagle5

Couldn't agree with you more. This team could have had a cup by now if Clarke wasn't such a stubborn imbecile when it came to getting a top notch Goalie. You can get away with a slow D as long as you have a solid Goalie, having neither is a recipe for disaster.

BigEd76

SunMo