The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

When did the "okay" sign become racist? If they made that sign below the belt and their buddy saw it, they'd get to punch them in the arm.

ice grillin you

you've become an sd level troll

at least I hope
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

ice grillin you

when did waving hi to someone become a nazi salute

Tomahawk

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/ku-klux-klan-hand-sign

The Anti-Defamation League doesn't speak of the okay sign so it's probably still ok to use; however, don't do this:

Diomedes

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is in the kkk.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

probably not but ignorance really annoys me

Tomahawk

Seriously though, how long has the okay sign been a terrible thing? As soon as the Trump loving Cassandra Fairbanks, who also has ties to Russia tweeted about those two hate-mongers flashing it?

Quote"I'd been watching his speeches for so long, but then I just started agreeing with more of what he was saying," she says. "I'd been looking at him a bit more seriously before that, but I wasn't prepared to, say, wear a Trump hat until that moment."

She sounds totally un-ignorant.

*edit...oops, Cassandra Fairbanks is the lady flashing the okay sign.

Regardless, all the google research I've done today leads me to believe that the okay sign does not have duel meaning as a white power symbol. People weren't even talking about it until like a month ago.

Please refer to the Anti-Defamation League's website for hate signs.

Sgt PSN

I had never heard of the OK sign/racist thing until somewhat recently when some Trump staffers were photographed making those hand signals and decided to Google it. Apparently it's supposed to be WP...obviously for White Power.

This is one of those things though that I don't think is mainstream/common knowledge so chances are most of the time you see people using it, it's probably not racist.

Tomahawk

Tomahawk

I mean, it's a symbol in every texting app. There's plenty of stuff to get pissed off about; why do libtards feel like they have to fabricate shtein?

General_Failure

This is a thing 4chan made up.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

I didn't look too deeply into it, so I'm not surprised if it's a totally made up thing.  But I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a legit, less(er) known hand signal used by white supremacists.

MDS

i think its something that was made up but still might be real

either way cernovich and that gash with him are sickening people and its beyond repulsive they are frolicking around the white house like its a day in the park
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its not made up...it has been around for 75 years

no one on this board has probably ever seen mississippi burning but its in there even....it came out in 1988

stop being MA's and come into the real world