The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on May 11, 2011, 02:01:57 PM
i don't like tribe called quest

i wouldnt even know where to begin then...not only are they the greatest hip-hop group of all time but they are super safe and liked by pretty much everyone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on May 11, 2011, 02:01:57 PM
i don't like tribe called quest

Blasphemer! 

Since you don't like Tribe's style, you should probably check out something like UB40. 

ice grillin you

SunMo

maybe it's just that I don't like People's Instinctive Travels because that's the only one I've listened too.

i don't really care to listen to somebody talk about losing their wallet with a beat behind it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Tribe Called Quest is legendary [igy]and much like the Wire you have to question people who don't like them.[/igy]

Been on a ODB/Wu Tang kick lately

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on May 11, 2011, 02:07:24 PM
maybe it's just that I don't like People's Instinctive Travels because that's the only one I've listened too.

roger waters would approve of this opinion

SunMo

i don't know if he would or not, but I'm not sure what one of the greatest rock song writers ever has to do with my liking or not liking songs about what food people like.

I don't eat no ham and eggs....who cares, shut up

Sgt PSN

i don't really care to listen to somebody talk about losing their wallet with a beat behind it.

You definitely want to check out The Low End Theory (the album after PIT).  It's highlighted by Scenario (which everyone farging knows) but has some great jams on it like Butter and Check the Rhime (one of my all time favorite songs - the beats/instrumentals are sick).

ice grillin you

because im pretty sure he appreciates hip-hop as much or more than you

peoples is the single greatest album ever made...in any genre of music....but thats neither here nor there...barry should make you seal team sixes next target for thinking its anything but magnificient

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 11, 2011, 02:13:06 PM

You definitely want to check out The Low End Theory (the album after PIT).  It's highlighted by Scenario (which everyone farging knows) but has some great jams on it like Butter and Check the Rhime (one of my all time favorite songs - the beats/instrumentals are sick).

scenario remix >>>>>>> scenario

and while all great none of those three songs would crack low ends top three best songs

just sayin

SunMo

well then i suppose as my hip hop life coach you are doing an awful job

Sgt PSN

I just pulled up Tribe's wiki page just to see what it says about them and noticed this little tidbit towards the bottom.

Quote[edit] Film

The documentary entitled Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest, directed by Michael Rapaport, debuted at the Sundance Film Festival on January 22, 2011

A hip hopumentary?  In.  Havas, let's snuggle on the couch and watch this. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2011, 02:17:31 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 11, 2011, 02:13:06 PM

scenario remix >>>>>>> scenario

Agreed

Quoteand while all great none of those three songs would crack low ends top three best songs

Also agreed, but Scenario as best I can remember, got the most air play and was their most well known song at the time so I threw that out there because if Sunny wasn't familiar with Tribe before, he might at least recognize that song.  Check the Rhime just gets hooked and amped up from the intro through and then they drop that bass hard as hell during the instramentals throughout the song.  I farging love it.