The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

i just wanted to see if you were actually hitting F5 over and over again. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 05, 2009, 01:21:23 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 05, 2009, 12:47:11 PM
theres just no soul to his shtein...because most of his beats are made with a computer and not sampled

really?  does stealing sampling someone else's beats somehow inject soul into your own music? 

well if you really wanna get into it almost every rock guitar riff ever played was stolen from a black man...see led zepplins catalog for the most agregious examples...not that i care...i just like to bring it up when whitey inevitably brings up the all rap music is stolen card...whats also laughable is that they act like they could in a million years produce a good rap beat...

but to answer your question directly sampling does not automatically put soul into your music however sampling soul music and being able to recognize what would make a soulful beat does matter...and most caucasions dont have this sense in them

certainly even if you dont know rap you know that making music off a computer is not a good thing...right?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

igy..no joke..are you white or black?

if youre white we got some problems here, but if youre black a lot of your comments would shockingly make some sense

Munson

Making a serviceable rap beat is NOT hard. Hell, making a good rap beat is not hard. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

But you can't do it so once again you have no point.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Yeaaaaaaaaah I was a percussionist before I took up the sea shell necklaces and a guitar. But try again.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

I'm sure your hiphop beats are amazing. Just stop.

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

so can anyone verify if igy is white or black?

rjs246

He's just as white as I am. And I am pretty farging pasty.

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

yep-thanks for some more ammo

Munson

I said nothing about my hip hop beats being sick. But they're not that hard to make. Get some percussion instruments around you and find a good progression. Add some well timed bass, and you've got yourself a beat. And then you can pretty much repeat that beat for 2/3rds of the song, with some minor alterations to make it sound cool here and there. Not that hard.

rjs246

Quote from: Munson on June 05, 2009, 03:12:54 PM
Hell, making a good rap beat is not hard. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

HahahahahahahahahahahHAHHAhAhAhAhahHAHAHAhAhAetc.etc.etc.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i cant make a good hip-hop beat and i know more about hip-hop than maybe anyone on the planet...munson you white trash POS you dont even know what a good rap song is much less be able to make one....fyi you cant do it with just live instruments...you can make a good rap song if you have someone who can rhyme great but its impossible to make to a good rap beat with just live instruments...

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on June 05, 2009, 03:28:20 PM
Quote from: Munson on June 05, 2009, 03:12:54 PM
Hell, making a good rap beat is not hard. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

HahahahahahahahahahahHAHHAhAhAhAhahHAHAHAhAhAetc.etc.etc.

hes trying to shed his raised by an alcoholic in a trailer park skin and i applaud him for that but jesus christ kid baby steps...you cant jump from a delaware tp to bed stuy...go from like from dover to glassboro first and see how you fare

Munson

Haha false. You'd be suprised what sounds you can get out of a very expensive keyboard, a couple of guys on some marching band basses, some marimbaphones and vibraphones, and a piano. Not to mention the plethora of other instruments there are at hand that I'm sure you've never heard of.

Fortunately enough, you don't need fake audio to make a good rap beat. Now go farg yourself because you are probably a terrible musician period.