The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Lil Wayne almost swept the Rap categories at the Grammys, taking Best Solo, Best Duo/Group, Best Song and Best Album...

stalker

As far as rap goes my tastes lean to Cowboy Troy and Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

reese125

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 08, 2009, 11:16:08 PM
Lil Wayne almost swept the Rap categories at the Grammys, taking Best Solo, Best Duo/Group, Best Song and Best Album...

Thats an insult to hip hop in general..but really..there was no one else that got their name out there faster than Lil Wayne. It was like all of sudden he was all over every single...and its not like this guy is a lyrical genius...he actually sucks lyrically

Im waiting for this new generation of hip hop to come out where there are some educated young bucks that feel like they dont have to folllow suit to their rap ancestors and talk about guns and the rough and rugged ghetto life. Though it wont be the norm throughout hip hop for a while or even ever, it will at least be a slow transition that hopefully transforms hip hop into something worth listening to

ice grillin you

lil wayne actually is pretty good lyricist...im not his biggest fan but for a current mainstream rapper hes not that bad at all

best grammy moment ever....rip osirus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS181X4F3bw

Diomedes

I've never heard him, but what I've read lauds his lyricism before all else
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

i'm not a huge fan either but dude works hard. if you throw out a new mixtape every few days for three years straight, eventually one of them is gonna catch on.

ice grillin you

man i got summer hatin on me cause im hotter than the sun...i got spring hatin on me cause i aint never sprung...winter hatin on me cause im colder than yall...and i will never....i will never...i will never fall...im bein hated by the seasons...so eff yall who hatin for no reason....

them birds dont fly without my permission...im probably in the sky flying with the fishes...or maybe in the ocean swimming with the pigeons...see im lil wayne my world is different

feet hanging out the window jock my shoe game... cuz all my kicks fly- like lou kang

im just tryna stack more funds....baby im a god i should walk around with nuns...
but i walk around with guns....use your head or youll walk around with none

Seabiscuit36

Not a fan other than when im drunk.  Honestly when Lil Wayne is the best that hiphop has to offer.  The Genre needs a shakeup. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Magical_Retard

Lil Wayne won over Lupe's The Cool, Nas's Untitled, and Jay Z's American Gangster?

WTF? The academy has no real idea what rap is or how to judge. They just seemingly give it the awards either randomly or to the most comercial one.

Lupe hands down had the best album out of those nominees. Lil Wayne is the Hanah Montana of rap.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

BigEd76

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 09, 2009, 11:18:23 AM
when Lil Wayne is the best that hiphop has to offer, the Genre needs a shakeup. 

yea it needs more Soulja Boy.  A lot more.  YOUUUUUUUU

ice grillin you

lil wayne is 1000 times better than lupe fiasco...lupe has no charisma whatsoever and is a boring backpacking idiot who actually admitted he never heard any of tribes albums

again im not a huge lil wayne fan but tha carter is easily better than lupes or that POS album nas put out....and its probably even better than american gangster altho thats close...if wheezy had beats hed be really really good...but the majority of beats he rhymes over suck ass

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2009, 09:47:17 AM
man i got summer hatin on me cause im hotter than the sun...i got spring hatin on me cause i aint never sprung...winter hatin on me cause im colder than yall...and i will never....i will never...i will never fall...im bein hated by the seasons...so eff yall who hatin for no reason....

them birds dont fly without my permission...im probably in the sky flying with the fishes...or maybe in the ocean swimming with the pigeons...see im lil wayne my world is different

feet hanging out the window jock my shoe game... cuz all my kicks fly- like lou kang

im just tryna stack more funds....baby im a god i should walk around with nuns...
but i walk around with guns....use your head or youll walk around with none

I dont know if you decided to tout these lyrics because they blew your mind or this is the best Lil Wayne has to offer but my god that is awful

ice grillin you

not shocking....i would never expect you to know the first thing about rhyming...it would be like me trying to break down the guitar player for coldplay