The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUUR32UK

heres the upload if anyone wants to burn this....i think i did it right

sb even if you dont want it can you check to see that the upload worked?

second batch coming soon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

135.     Black With N.V. (No Vision) – Black Sheep
            Production By: Mista Lawnge

now i was told to never bite off more then i could chew
but then you better bite enough for if you dont my boy your blue
now i wonder can others see the system that i see
or do they see and say they blame it on society
the days of smart enough come to over just say thousands
an as i live and learn because theres always someone mouthin
speaking on an issue...praise you or they dis you
as long as im strong the words fly by me like scott tissue
my people from ****** to negro to man of color killed my father and my brother so that you could rape my mother
now you wonder why is it through instinct you fear
wouldnt dare me to stare....one for yourself youre outta here
not to worry to harm your not intention of my creed
but to stop your greed and give me what i need
opportunity for a life of me
and generations to come with in tranquility
now harmony is a total love of things
for those who are inclined or better yet like to sing
but piece of mind it is my right for the spark will ignite
until i can catch a cab at midtown at midnight
till i can be myself and not be thought of as worse
till i can buy a slice from howard beach to the hurst
till i can get the play without fear of eject
and occupations which i seek i can have if i select
now if i so select and reach out to make touch
how can you say that i ask for too much???   

nuff ******* said....best verse of all time

134.     Listen Up – E Rule
            Production By: King Born Allah

The ultimate one hit wonder but god damn what a one hit.  A crazy smooth air tight flow over a lovely flip of the classic Roy Ayers "Sunshine".

133.     Nappy Heads Remix – The Fugees
            Production By: Salaam Remi
Salaam Remi drops one of the genres greatest beats and Lauryn Hill owns it as she is at the top of her game here.  On the short list for the all time best remix that improves on the OG.

132.     Mind Your Business – Grand Puba
            Production By: SD50's & Grand Puba
The B side gem to the "Ya Know How It Goes" 12inch.  Coming in at a crisp and clean three minutes Puba wastes no time telling what all the crabs can do and at the same time giving us a little history lesson on the God Haji.

131.     Freaky Flow Remix – Special Ed
            Production By: DJ Premier
Special Ed's triumphant return resulted in the underwhelming album "Revelations".  But it was more than made up for by this phenominal remix.  Special Ed somehow holds his own against,  but eventually succumbs to the makes you want to punch someone in the face bassline.  Primo is a god.

130.     The Hiatus Remix – Diamond D & Cru
            Production By: Diamond D
Strokin hoes in the Poconos, la la la la la....la la la la la....hey ladies!  "Smooth as butter like my man called Phife" Diamond once said, he had to have been having a premonition about this track.

129.     Liquid – L Fudge
            Production By: Sean C
Sean C didn't do much in his career but he laid down one of  nicest beats you will ever hear on L-Fudges incredible Rawkus debut 12inch.  BTW L-Fudge might be the most slept on emcee of all time, everyone should own his catalog, the Mount Everest of it being Liquid.

128.     The **** Is Real Remix – Fat Joe
How would you like to be a song produced by the Beatnuts AND Premier.  "**** Is Real" gets that honor with the Nuts doing the album version and Primo this remix.  There aren't to many people who could actually improve on a track made by the Beatnuts.  Primo is one of them.  Don't sleep on Fat Joes excellent autobiographical rhymes either.

127.     Similak Child – Black Sheep
            Production By: Mista Lawnge
This song is so well put together and the samples layered so beautifully.  The main loop coming from Tom Scott's "Today", which also fathered rap classics "T.R.O.Y" and the "It's A Boy Remix".  Tom Scott interestingly enough did the theme songs to such TV shows as Starsky and Hutch and Family Ties.  All hip-hop fans should own a copy of "Today".

126.     Hip-Hop – Mos Def
            Production By: Diamond D
A true hip-hop anthem in every sense of the word.  Diamonds titantic beat backs Mos as he rather than send an abstract love letter ala Common on "I Used To Love H.E.R." he fires a straight forward angry in your face depiction of the music we all love.

125.     Maintain – Organized Konfusion
            Production By: Rockwilder
Two brilliant verses about life crushing you to the point of no return but at the end of the day you "gotta maintain".  Check how the verses build from beginning to almost bursting at the seams until the last two bars in each verse when the emcees get their wits about them and realize they cant do what they want to do.

124.     13th Floor/Growing Old - Outkast
            Production By: Organized Noize
So many Outkast songs to choose from, but none carry the emotion and message that "Growing Old" contains and at the same time highlighting Big Boi and Dre's writing and rhyming skills. 

123.     Da Two – Pete Rock & CL Smooth
            Production By: Pete Rock
First Erick and Parrish now Pete and CL.  The Hip-Hop planets are once again aligned and everyone will rest easy tonight.  Ummm not so much, but you should want your last song together to be one of the best ever and this one is.

122.     Slow Down Remix – Brand Nubian
            Production By: Pete Rock
Only Pete Rock could improve on an already classic cut.  Whats really special is he just did a little tweaking.  Add some "School Boy Crush" bells here thicken and speed up the bassline there and voila you have an entirely different and better feel.

121.     Jungle Music - Jeru
I don't know where Primo got these drums from but they thunder while Jeru ride perfectly over them and the Issac Hayes (RIP) loop.

120.     Unusual Styles – Maylay Sparks
            Production By: Omne
Over one of the illest piano loops ever put on record Philly emcee Maylay Sparks flows like Mrs. Buttworths on what is an ultimate head nodder.

mussa

QuoteProduction By: Grap Luva

I have nothing to contribute
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

I haven't uploaded music in 6 years but whenever you're done with this shtein I would definitely be interested in getting the whole list from you(s).
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Mix Tapes by The Nonce will always be a classic.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

still waiting for 135-120 to be uploaded
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hunt

what's the word on krs-one latest album?  i'm thinking about adding to my christmas list.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Seabiscuit36

ive been slacking on my internet time lately.  I'll hit it up tonight and download it all.  Great stuff IGY, it'll feel like im at a Havas tailgate
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

MC Breed died of kidney failure

GeneralZOD

Hey guys - I'm looking for old-school joints by MC Trouble-"Wanna Make U Mine" and Raheem the Vigilante-"Dance Floor" for a party I'm deejaying next weekend.  Any help on this? Holla - ZOD
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

ice grillin you

i definitely have the mc trouble on cd...the raheem i have the record but i might also have it burned on a cd somewhere...if i do ill upload both for you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

GeneralZOD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 25, 2008, 08:51:58 AM
i definitely have the mc trouble on cd...the raheem i have the record but i might also have it burned on a cd somewhere...if i do ill upload both for you

Igy - You are the man!

Get at me

djabsoluut@hotmail.com
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts