Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Just got home.  Words can't do those fargers justice.

46 & 2 was the best performance of a rock song I've ever seen.  Totally blew me away.

The only minor annoyance was the gestapo security dickheads.  I can see asking people politely to keep their phones out of sight but these fagtards were just ridiculous.  You're getting 10 bucks an hour, guys.  Try acting like it.

SD

Check youtube today and the entire performance from last night will be there.

Rome

I was in the second row to the side of the stage literally standing 5 feet away from a redshirt.  I pulled my phone out for a second just to check the time and he flashed his little penlight at me.  I told him I was just checking the time and to settle down.  I don't think they're used to someone my age talking to them like that, so he just said, oh, sorry about that... SIR.

I wasn't a jerk about it, though.  Just like respect your elder, son.

It wasn't that big a deal because of what was going on in front of me.

Also - did they bring Travis from Yob out to play with Danny during Lateralus?  I thought it was cool and all but it kinda interrupted the performance.  I think the Yob bassist played with/for Justin and after the song ended he walked over to shake Keenan's hand and Keenan says, "who the f*** is this?"  Danny immediately jumped up and explained who he was.  His reaction was hilarious.

SD

No TOOL played all of their songs. And the guy was only shining a pen light? They were shining the full fledged lasers that go off during the show at people holding up their cell phones. The whole thing is a joke.

mussa

How was that YOB band? A girl i know saw them in Virginia Friday and she said they played a heavy dose of Opiate, Undertow and Aenima. Unreal since they usually stick to their typical set list.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD

Quote from: mussa on February 09, 2012, 11:53:10 AM
How was that YOB band? A girl i know saw them in Virginia Friday and she said they played a heavy dose of Opiate, Undertow and Aenima. Unreal since they usually stick to their typical set list.

YOB was okay...nothing special.

And does that girl know TOOL well? Because from every show they played it looks like they stayed with the same set list.

mussa

I didn't believe it when she told me. And this confirms she's full of shtein...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2012/hampton-coliseum-hampton-va-bdeb152.html

10 songs? Seems awfully short...how long did the show you see last?
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Recently discovered this youtube page with tons of good quality live recordings of Tool. Some are entire shows. Subscribe to his page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OpiatePusher666?feature=watch

SD

bout 1 hour and 40 minutes. They played straight through. Still too short but I was just happy to see them live again.

Rome

If they had played Sober instead of Parabola and the security dicks weren't so annoying it would have been the best show I've ever seen.   46 & 2 was incredibe.

99/100 rating overall.

SD

They didn't play Parabola at my show...I would have like to see that live

Rome

They swapped Ticks & Leeches, Parabola & Sober in and out of the set.  I was keeping an eye on the setlists and they'd go 3 or 4 shows between switches.  I just missed out as they played Sober in Lauderdale the night before and then they went back to it on the final night in Atlanta.

I mean, it's okay and all.  Parabola is a great song.  Of course, I'd rather hear Vicarious than Intension (good time to take a piss) but you take what you get.

Hooker With A Penis is a freaking awesome song to open the show with, btw.  I was shocked how many people knew the words to the song around me. 

SD

I'm not a big fan of intension either, but Hooker with a Penis is one of my favorite TOOL songs.

Diomedes

I particularly love to sit in on fanboy gab sessions about their stupid favorite songs, please don't stop.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I particularly love to cup my hand over my ass, fart, then proceed to smell it.