Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Rome on July 17, 2011, 07:49:53 AM
Does it really surprise you that they (he) didn't give the audience what it wanted or paid for?

They played Imagine & People Are People (really?!) but not Judith.

PS: According to THIS LINK 3 Libras was the 11th song they played.

Not at all. And they definitely didn't play 3 Libras. Don't think they played 18 songs, more like 12 . The opening band was some Japanese punk rock band and they were awful.

I didn't pay for the tickets thankfully. But they were just underwhelming.

SD

I looked on APC's facebook page and there are a ton of complaints about their set list. It's hilarious watching their fanboys stick up for them.

And I guess they did play 3 Libras but it was some crappy remix so it really wasn't 3 Libras, just the lyrics and some slop they threw over top of it.

mussa

Someone else mentioned they played too many Emotive songs. Glad I didn't end up going. I've seen them 3 or 4 times years ago and every concert was amazing. I understand bands have to make money, but going on tour without new songs is kind of lazy if you ask me. Give your fans something new.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD

Quote from: mussa on July 17, 2011, 11:58:42 AM
Someone else mentioned they played too many Emotive songs. Glad I didn't end up going. I've seen them 3 or 4 times years ago and every concert was amazing. I understand bands have to make money, but going on tour without new songs is kind of lazy if you ask me. Give your fans something new.

Honestly it was probably the worst concert I've ever been to.

Rome

Playing cover songs is one thing but refusing to play the most popular songs in the catalog is a sign that the band has little respect for its fans.

Doesn't surprise me because Maynard is a colossal dickhead. 

SD

I also forgot to mention they only played for an hour and 15 minutes. Pretty lame. And it wasn't just the set list they played (which was mostly eMOTIVe which is by far their worst album) but there was just no energy in the crowd. The atmosphere was just very timid.

Rome

Did you pay or did you get the usual hookup?

SD

Quote from: Rome on July 17, 2011, 01:41:26 PM
Did you pay or did you get the usual hookup?

Usual hook up. I'd of been really pissed if I had paid for that shtein.

Rome

I was curious how much the tickets cost.  Probably 50 or 60 bucks, right?

SD

A lot of people who were bitching on their facebook page said "I wasted $60 on that zesty show" so I guess that's what they went for. I'm sure it was more if they got them off stubhub.

Might be hitting up Sublime/311 on the 27th.

Diomedes

Just got back from seeing Shellac.  One of my favorite bands ever.  Steve Albini is something like a hero to me. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Going to see The Killers, The Raconteurs & The Pixies in Orlando on 11/12 with about 20 other bands.

Munson

Kinda hoping the Killers next effort is a little better then their last. I got mild and temporary enjoyment out of the singles from the last album.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I love the tune they did with Lou Reed, whatever album that's on, I have no idea.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

It's pretty much a dream lineup for us.

Pixies are in my top 3 bands ever, I like the Raconteurs a lot and The Killers are the ladyfriend's favorite band.