Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

i have a date with nine inch nails, janes addiction and an assload of mushrooms tomorrow.  perfect reason to take off work.

rjs246

My face is exploding with rageful jealousy. It would be better if you were typing this 12 years ago, but still, rageful jealousy and shtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

nin was awesome but janes addiction was off the charts.  sick show.

Diomedes

Never heard of this band before but saw them tonight and they were fanstastic

The Octopus Project

out of Austin, I think

the chick on theramin was awesome, the drummer played guitar, bass and keyboard, at different times..he was great.  samples and live shtein all munged up together in a farged up, glorious cacophony.  check them out live if you get the chance, it's something else
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

austin, massachusetts?

rjs246

Tome Green quotes for the lose.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Saw Judas Priest last night in St. Augustine.

Big fat meh.

Seabiscuit36

Went to my first country concert last night.  "Eric Church" for country, he really puts out good music, i had both of his albums prior to going, but having been to over 30 concerts, this was a damn good one.  Plus he sings about smoking cheeba and dranking
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Hank III and Scott H. Biram are my favorite current country acts.  Seen the latter but not Hank III yet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 04, 2009, 08:14:15 AM
Went to my first country concert last night.  "Eric Church" for country, he really puts out good music, i had both of his albums prior to going, but having been to over 30 concerts, this was a damn good one.  Plus he sings about smoking cheeba and dranking

I think Taylor Swift played that show. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

It was at the Grand Opera House last night, which by the way is a great building, but i always forget how much ass Market street sucks.  Went there with friend, figured we'd get a bite to eat before the show.  Not one farging restaurant open, not even a quiznos. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M30tgkL33SQ
for dio if you're interested.  Dude put on a good show, i'm still kinda surprised.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Another reason why I hardly venture into the city. There's more to do in the northern burbs then there is in the city. Drive up Market street til it turns to Philly Pike, and you woulda ran into a shtein load of restaurants/bars/WaWas/etc.

The Riverfront and Trolley Square are the only places worth trying to find something to do in the city.

If I had known Taylor Swift was in the Grand Opera House I would have went to that concert. I'd farg the shtein out of that girl next door.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

nah, she wasnt there last night, and i know wilmington better than you ever will, try driving on the eastside all day.  Its just disappointing that after all these years they still basically close that part of the city down at night because its still a shteinhole. 

Munson

I'm sure you do, because as I said I stick mostly to the northern burbs unless I'm going to the bars at Trolley/Riverfront. I still don't get the logic in closing down The Big Kahuna and then 5 years later trying to turn the Riverfront into some sort of bar/social center.

And damn. She was playing with him some where, a friend of mine just put up pics of a concert of them two. She's not the best looking girl, but she's got that innocent look that makes me want to do terrible terrible things.

Seabiscuit36

She's a hotty.  I used to know the owner of the Kahuna, he was losing money there and other places.  He was looking to sell it to other investors, but everyone backed out, and that was that.  Whats crazy is how much space they now have open in there, but the city didnt really push to get somehting else in there.  Theres some talk that Hooters would go in there, but the city gave the Kahuna all types of problems with noise violations, especially when they put the Condo's across the river.