I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Not anymore.  I had it aborted and sold the parts to stem cell research labs. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Utero-Rooter*?

*TM by Diomedes, MMVIII

ice grillin you

sarge wont be satisfied with his proximity to philly until he reaches indonesia
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 25, 2008, 01:14:55 PM
sarge wont be satisfied with his proximity to philly until he reaches indonesia

Not true at all.  I really don't want to live on the left coast and I definitely don't want to permanently relocate anywhere outside the US.  Although it would be nice to live in Europe for a couple of years, but definitely wouldn't want to do it permanently.  KC, Dallas or Austin are all potential retirement places for me 7.5 years from now. 

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 25, 2008, 08:13:36 AM

First Demon turns down the job in Houston because it would send him too far away from me.  Now that I've got orders to Cali, Demon "magically" gets a job interview out there and could possibly be moving. 

The beauty of message boards is that the evidence is readily available for when I file my restraining order. 

With an ambiguously worded letter from a lawyer, I'm willing to edit posts, remove them completely, or even garble the entire database. For a fee, of course. $0.25 per character. I think this is a fair deal.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

I've already printed what I need so your mercinary tactics will not affect me.  I would like to point out though that I don't believe that Demon is actually stalking me.  He's a straight dude from what I can tell.  His wife, on the other hand, won't leave me the farg alone. 

Zanshin

Since I'm trying to avoid reality anyway, I'll throw this out there. 

I feel trapped.

I'm in a management position in a department in a huge company.  I have a pretty good reputation, but I'm really, really sick of the corporate runaround.  It really makes me feel physically ill, and I'm losing sleep over it.  I think the work that I do gets a lot of lip service, but I don't think people actually care about it.  And I really can't take the political bullshtein anymore...it's getting harder to pretend that I care.

So, I've started taking a look around to see what else is out there.  And, the more I talk to recruiters, the more I realize that I really just don't want to do this anymore.  I just don't believe in the work anymore, I'm bored and I'm jaded.  That said, I've built up over 10 years of quality experience doing what I do, and I need to support my family.

Anyone here ever figure their way out of a situation like that?

Seabiscuit36

Killing homeless people always works for me Zanshin
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Yeah, I thought about that...but the pay isn't what you think it should be.

SD_Eagle5

Z- The Navy - It's not just a job, it's $96.78 a week!

Geowhizzer

Is your job involving math or science?  You could pretty easily get into teaching, depending on the state (in Florida, you can get a temporary certificate if you pass the state tests, then take courses to get permanent certification).

To tell you the truth, you could get into teaching in any subject - the odds are just a lot better in math and science.

It just depends on how much money is needed to support your family.  In most states you'd start around $40-50K.

Diomedes

40 or 50 grand to get treated like shtein by everyone, yay!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 27, 2008, 09:45:42 AM

One of the best SNL commercial parodies ever.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2008, 07:35:30 PM
40 or 50 grand to get treated like shtein by everyone, yay!

Who's shteinting on it?  I'm doing just fine with it.  But in his management position, it could be a decrease in income.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on March 27, 2008, 07:45:08 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 27, 2008, 09:45:42 AM

One of the best SNL commercial parodies ever.

I tried finding it on the net but no such luck.