I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I've been waiting long enough..I don't think I can bear two more days.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

just do stuff that Jim does to Dwight in the Office.    Phone in jello is a good start. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on March 15, 2007, 12:58:14 PM
just do stuff that Jim does to Dwight in the Office.    Phone in jello is a good start. 

My favorite was sending him faxes from "future Dwight".

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Father Demon on March 15, 2007, 12:27:53 PM
Don't kid yourself.  There is no control of your own life as long as long as you need to work.

Wise words, indeed.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Father Demon on March 15, 2007, 12:27:53 PM
Don't kid yourself.  There is no control of your own life as long as long as you need to work.

True.  But at least I'm free to apply for work anywhere I want.  And whenever I get sick of one job I can always apply for another. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on March 15, 2007, 12:30:13 PM
I think I'm gonna quit today.  Others have done so as well...there is no way they can get away with taking my money..no way they actually reverse the withdrawal.

If it'll help any, you can transfer the $$ into my account and I'll, uh, hold it for you. 

Rome

Dio should take a mini-camcorder into his boss's office when he quits.

A buddy of mine did that so there would be no disputing the circumstances of his resignation.  His boss went apeshtein and threatened him even though he was standing there with a video camera in his hand.

I envy you, Dio.  I'd love to quit my job.  I'm sick to death of the real estate business not to mention the assorted shteinbags I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Have fun, man.   :yay

Diomedes

I'm still waffling about when to do it.  I can't believe they'd withdraw the money...I've got a contract that says in plain english that it's my money...and they put it into the account.  And other people have quit since the bonus paid / in the last 24 hours...

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

make em sweat it out dio, then hit them when it hurts
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Well I've got to give them two weeks notice at the minimum.  So that means no later than first thing monday morning.

Which is still within 5 banking days window for withdrawing the direct deposit.

So I suppose I might as well drop the bomb now as later.

Diomedes

So I quit.  And it went fine.  No drama, nothing special.  Tomorrow will be interesting, as word gets around that I resigned, and as I can stop pretending I give a shtein.

SD_Eagle5

Congrats. Hardest part is over with.

Diomedes

Thanks.  Now I take a victory lap.

Zanshin

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hope you're a few gin & tonics deep by now.