I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I should have walked out of the room, the office, and the whole place is what I should have done.  If I had any dignity.  But I'm hanging on for the bonus, so I cracked snide jokes about how well managed the company is instead, and cried myself to sleep about what a weak piece of trash I am.

You know, a normal day.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

Today my boss sent out an announcement that he's retiring the middle of next month. Crap. He's one of the few people that made me want to stay in this semi-dead-end job. I was forced away from here quite a few years back, and we both schemed and planned on how to get me back here.

I'm sure that some self-important butthole will start running the department, and I won't have anywhere near the freedom that I have now...and I'll be ready to leave.

:boom

Father Demon

I have back to back days of all day training, from my home office.  8 hours of steaming video from the HQ, complete with 13 topics and speakers.  Today is a 116 page powerpoint deck, with probably the same type thing tomorrow.

Oh yeah.  Each day is followed by a test, in which passing is required or else you get put "on plan".

I have a difficult enough time with my job due to my ADD as it is.  This might just kill me.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 05, 2007, 12:19:20 PM
Today my boss sent out an announcement that he's retiring the middle of next month. Crap. He's one of the few people that made me want to stay in this semi-dead-end job. I was forced away from here quite a few years back, and we both schemed and planned on how to get me back here.

I'm sure that some self-important butthole will start running the department, and I won't have anywhere near the freedom that I have now...and I'll be ready to leave.

:boom

You should put in for his job, Sus.

Diomedes

Maybe he doesn't want to be the boss?  I'd want nothing to do with having my boss' job. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Could be. In some jobs I wouldn't want to be the HMFIC either. But money is the equalizer of all...pay me enough and I'll deal with anything.

Diomedes

Not me.  I make enough money.  I'm never gonna get rich off a salary, so I really don't care about getting the bigger title, crazy hours, huge stress, for another lousy 20 grand.

PoopyfaceMcGee

My bosses' hours and stress aren't any worse than mine, and they both probably make roughly twice what I make.

I'd take it, but money only motivates for so long.  I really need a complete change of pace.

Diomedes

Time is what I care most about.  I'm not gonna be laying there on my deathbed thinking...I'm glad I worked late all those years.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Diomedes on March 05, 2007, 12:54:51 PM
Time is what I care most about.  I'm not gonna be laying there on my deathbed thinking...I'm glad I worked late all those years.

Bingo.

Frankly, his job is two levels above mine, so I can't get there from here. Part of the PITA with him leaving is that we had an understanding that I "officially" report to one of the supervisors, but I actually work for him (the department manager). It was cool because he wouldn't question what I was doing, and in return, I would come up with nifty-cool stuff that made him (and the whole group) look good.

But like you said, Dio, I would have no desire for the job, even if it were possible. I'm content with doing my thing and not having to deal with all the sniveling numbskulls that parade in and out of his office on a daily basis.

Sgt PSN

I log on my computer this morning and see an email titled "STD Jeopardy."  Looks like it's time for my annual AIDS training.  w00t!

QuoteGood morning ladies and gentlemen,
No need to adjust your computer screen as the subject line does in fact read "STD Jeopardy".  In order to complete the annual training requirement as set forth in MCO P1700.29, S-3 will be facilitating information in regards to STDs including HIV/AIDS, using a game show style format.  As usual, the scheduled times for this PME will be 0900 and 1300 on March 8th and 9th and yours truly will be doing his best to keep up with Alex Trebek.  Marines from HQ Co will square off against Marines from SVC Co in a stunning battle of wit.  S-3 will have some prizes to give away to those who distinguish themselves during the PME.  We invite you to come refresh your knowledge or maybe learn something new in regards to STDs.

ha!

Diomedes

Not counting today, only three more work days until I resign.  The movers come tomorrow and drop off at my new place in Baltimore on Friday, so I've got both of those days off.

I'll still be in the job through March, staying with friends while my old lady gets the house together in Mob Town.  But I won't have to pretend I give a damn about it anymore.

Seabiscuit36

thats great Dio, you dont have to deal with setting up the place.  Hopefully the walls arent pink when you show up, but that probably saves you from a couple of fights. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

You have anything new lined up, or will you play it by ear for a bit?  (that's my vote).

In other news, I was not the winner from New Jersey for the $370 million.  Understandably, I'm both shocked and depressed about it.