Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Gyros are mystery meat awesomeness. pretty much greek scrapple.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

Susquehanna Birder

Okay...here's one. The Greenfield Restaurant & Bar in Lancaster. Upscale casual. Had scallops with forbidden rice, spring peas, and some fried turkey sausage slices for garnish. Their wine list is immense, and I didn't want to study it all...so I just hit up some a glass from the house selection. Very good.

phattymatty

scallops? good. fried turkey sausage garnishes? funny. probably still good though.

i did this cooking class downtown tonight with some works peoples and we did pasta from scratch and some kind of garlic cauliflower sauce, a 2 foot flank steak and some kind of lemon cake with chocolate foam.

also a three hour open bar. it was all pretty good and i got hammered.

Sgt PSN

Scallops. I can't stand them. Weird thing though is that they look and smell delicious. I want to like them, but they're too icky.

smeags

Icky ? Thats where you draw the line ? Scallops ? You're missing out man.

bacon wrapped scallops.  :P

Susquehanna Birder

These were dry, untreated diver scallops. Pan seared. Melt in your mouth goodness.

The garnish kind of reminded me of pepperoni. Sometimes I microwave them until the grease cooks out - they end up kind of like a crispy chip. The sausage was similar to that, but not quite cooked so far. There was only a few of them on the plate, so I suppose that it was really just something to break up the monotony of the black rice and scallop.

smeags

so, wanna check out some Cuban food. anyone been to alma de cuba or cuba libre ?

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on December 16, 2015, 12:47:28 PM
so, wanna check out some Cuban food. anyone been to alma de cuba or cuba libre ?

Cuba libre is garbage

alma is forgettable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i've never had a meal at alma but have sat at the bar many times and they make good drinks.

but yeah cuba libre is blah. i mean it's not horrible but might as well be a chilis or applebees or something.

smeags

Yeah doesn't seem to be any other choices for cuban food really.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: smeags on December 16, 2015, 07:49:03 AM
Icky ? Thats where you draw the line ? Scallops ? You're missing out man.

bacon wrapped scallops.  :P

Yeah, I don't get it.  It's weird.  There's just something with the taste and texture of them that grosses me out.  I love shrimp, clams, oysters, crab, lobster, all sorts of fish, eel, shark, octopus, squid, etc, etc...basically anything that comes from the ocean, I like.  Except scallops.  When I'm out to dinner with other people, if someone orders scallops I will literally drool all over them and talk about how delicious they look until I'm finally given the offer to try one.  Then I put on in my mouth, chew twice and spit that nasty farging thing out and spend the next 10 minutes talking about disgusting they are. 

smeags

were you an alter boy when you were younger ?

ice grillin you

totally agree with sarge....ill eat the farg out of any and all seafood except slimey ass scallops
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

pretty much my only two seafood no no's are snails(farging nasty) and mussels(had a bad one. none since)