Barber visits Eagles

Started by mikey418, March 08, 2006, 10:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Mad-Lad on March 08, 2006, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 08, 2006, 10:26:17 AM
thats it....FA is over. We're done for the offseason.

sources?  link?

damn, my sarcasm was extremely unfunny.

My point was that I can see this signing happening and everyone all of the sudden talking like FA is over and the Eagles did nothing but sign Barber.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 08, 2006, 10:30:07 AM
Quote from: Mad-Lad on March 08, 2006, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 08, 2006, 10:26:17 AM
thats it....FA is over. We're done for the offseason.

sources?  link?

damn, my sarcasm was extremely unfunny.

My point was that I can see this signing happening and everyone all of the sudden talking like FA is over and the Eagles did nothing but sign Barber.

Farging pessimist.

ice grillin you

its definitely not over...and even the most taterish wouldnt say that

what im hoping is that this isnt the end of the moves at LB...im hoping he is getting the vet minimum and is in here to compete for a job and provide depth....and at a later time there will be a real and tangible upgrade at the position
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 08, 2006, 10:31:59 AM
what im hoping is that this isnt the end of the moves at LB...im hoping he is getting the vet minimum and is in here to compete for a job and provide depth....and at a later time there will be a real and tangible upgrade at the position

On the  :deion.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Mad-Lad

General_Failure

Of course it's not over. Jeff Garcia is next. Did you guys forget?

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

even if this is all they do, it's more than they did last year.

i would be ok with Barber at WIL, but they also need to get a SAM to cover tight ends, Jones is awful
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Mad-Lad

I seem to recall JJ saying Simoneau can play SAM.  The Eagles are fine.

PoopyfaceMcGee

My only thought on this move is that it's a start.

SunMo

Quote from: Mad-Lad on March 08, 2006, 10:35:24 AM
I seem to recall JJ saying Simoneau can play SAM.  The Eagles are fine.

but he can't, that is not an acceptable solution at SAM
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: Sun_Mo on March 08, 2006, 10:34:05 AM
even if this is all they do, it's more than they did last year.

i would be ok with Barber at WIL, but they also need to get a SAM to cover tight ends, Jones is awful

I don't feel comfortable relying on a guy who's played in 11 games in the last 2 years into a position where we desperately need an upgrade.  If they've got plans to add more at the position, cool.  If this is it... not so cool.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 08, 2006, 10:36:07 AM
My only thought on this move is that it's a start.

Not much more they can do except look at outright cuts.....at least until this whole CBA crap is dealt with and FA starts.

Mad-Lad

I'm hoping Barber can fill in for a couple games to start the season.  After his knees give out in week 4, Matt McCoy will be able to fill in full time having the Bow Tied Air Guitar Playing Pretty Boy as his backup.

ice grillin you

I don't feel comfortable relying on a guy who's played in 11 games in the last 2 years into a position where we desperately need an upgrade

me neither...hes a 31 year old playing on 45 year olds legs...

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous