Quality Parenting.

Started by Zanshin, January 24, 2006, 10:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know I'm doing my job as a parent.  Because I know you all care deeply.

Last night my 22-month-old woke up at 10pm for no apparent reason, and he was wide awake.  He wanted to go to the kitchen.  So, I brought him down and he got something to drink and he asked me for a bag of pretzels.

He took the pretzels downstairs, grabbed the remote and climbed onto the couch.  He pressed a few buttons, then handed the remote to me.

"Daddy, put Eagles on TV here.  Football on here, please."

When your two year old pleads with you for Eagles football instead of Baby Einstein, well, that's a beautiful thing.

SunMo

it's time to stop referring to his age with months, he can talk for shtein's sake.  call him a 2 year old.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Butchers Bill

Wait until he's three and you have to explain why other teams are playing and the Eagles are not.   :'(
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

mussa

yeah....GO EAGl...e....s......blah
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Quote from: Zanshin on January 24, 2006, 10:02:54 AM
When your two year old pleads with you for Eagles football instead of Baby Einstein, well, that's a beautiful thing.

mussa

your kid is not einstein thats for sure...the eagles season is over....DUH!  Idiot.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

I'm trying to shield him from the harsh realities of life.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: mussa on January 24, 2006, 10:08:39 AM
your kid is not einstein thats for sure...the eagles season is over....DUH!  Idiot.

Thanks genius.   ::)
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

mussa

don't thank me, thank zanny's little sperm experiment out for reminding us all.

MURP

gotta have some taped games around for him to watch at 1am.  maybe the NFC championship game vs Falcons. 

rjs246

Get a tape of the body bag game and train him to hate the taterskins.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

henchmanUK

Quote from: rjs246 on January 24, 2006, 10:13:50 AM
:yay
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on January 24, 2006, 10:13:50 AM

i assumed the hate came natural
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

I naturally hate, I can't assume that everyone is so lucky.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.