Another target for a PG attack

Started by BigEd76, November 17, 2005, 01:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

personally. i dont see mcnabb right now as a "great quarterback. he's good...very good. but there have been many times where he's come up small in big spots. does that mean he never will come up big? no. not at all. but right now, say in the next game he plays...it's the 4th quarter 3 minutes left, they have to go 60 yards for a FG. do you have absolute faith the birds will get that FG? at this point i dont.

he has a history of brainfarts in huge spots. just this season alone, there are

Dallas game, we just saw it.
Washington game, again, no need to remind.
Denver Game, threw an INT in the red zone when they were 7 points from a tie game.

there's the superbowl.

2003 vs San Fran, an INT in overtime, set up a GW FG by the niners.
2003 NFCCG Fumbles the ball to lead to pathers 1st TD. then procedes to throw 2 INTs on the next series.

to me he is a very good QB, his overall record as a starter speaks for himself. but in tight situations, he does not come up as clutch.

his overall record as a starter is (not counting 1999, but includes playoffs) - 66-26
his record in games decided by a FG or less is (not counting 1999, but includes playoffs) - 12-9

again...he's very good...but not great. yet.

(no need to  ::) this post. i am not saying he should be replaced at all.)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Feva

Quote from: MURP on November 17, 2005, 09:07:49 AM
The problem is that McNabb has to do everything.  1 season he gets a great WR in TO and look what happens.   Now he has some injuries, Reid doesnt use any run game for most of the year, he is throwing to WR's who basically have no experience and the Oline is inconsistent.   I dont know if any QB in the NFL could succeed in that situation.

Quote from: rjs246 on November 17, 2005, 09:10:59 AM
The fact that Donovan has done as much as he has, with the tools available to him, makes him a fantastic QB. He has had some poor decisions/plays in big spots but with some of the situations the team has been in, I have a hard time balming him. He gets blame for the Superbowl and for this week's loss. Other than that, he's been fantastic. These fickle mushheads need to smarten up, quick.
Agreement orgasms everywhere!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

My opinions are rather boner inducing. Gross.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

if mcnabb had made just one nfc championship game or even two and got beat by superior teams but played well then fine...but they guy has made five of them all against inferior teams some of them much inferior and hes played poorly pretty much in all of them...at best hes been average and even in those games hes had a chance to win and simply didnt do it

hes good to a certain point on pure talent but he doesnt have what it takes to take it to that next level in terms of leadership...mental toughness and heart

the question is whether his mentality is an extension of andys persona or if thats just who he is...id like to see a new coach come in and create a different atmosphere not just with the team as a whole but specifically with mcnabb before his best days are behind him to see if he has what it takes to win it all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

You have to learn to count one of these days.  He's made four NFC Championships.

rjs246

Dude. Stop saying he's made 5 NFC Championship games. He hasn't.
Stop saying the teams they were playing were inferior. They weren't. (The Rams = better, the Bucs = as good, the Panthers = worse, but minus westbrook and with McNabb breaking a rib in the first half how are you gonna put that on him? The Falcons = inferior.)
At least make sense if you're going to stir the pot. This shtein is retarded.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eagles 3x

Trade McNabb for Dilfer!! Dilfer has proven he can win the "big one".
What a freakin' joke. Reading some of these post I guess McNabb must be the first QB that never won the SB in his first five years.
This terrible season is all McNabb's fault. It certainly couldn't have anything to do with the year long cancer we had on the team. It definately has nothing to do with an on again- off agin defence. Play calling has been splendid this year, can't blame that. If anyone tries to blame McNabb's injuries, burn 'em! Bruised sternum, sports hernia, groin injury. Big deal. I'm sure we all could all sit at our desk and work through the pain without a problem.
Give me a break!
Everyone knows it's all Madden's fault.
member since Aug. 21, 03. I am the KING of the Lurking Bastiches!!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Eagles 3x on November 17, 2005, 11:15:23 AM
Trade McNabb for Dilfer!! Dilfer has proven he can win the "big one".
What a freakin' joke. Reading some of these post I guess McNabb must be the first QB that never won the SB in his first five years.
This terrible season is all McNabb's fault. It certainly couldn't have anything to do with the year long cancer we had on the team. It definately has nothing to do with an on again- off agin defence. Play calling has been splendid this year, can't blame that. If anyone tries to blame McNabb's injuries, burn 'em! Bruised sternum, sports hernia, groin injury. Big deal. I'm sure we all could all sit at our desk and work through the pain without a problem.
Give me a break!
Everyone knows it's all Madden's fault.

FYI: The way you mix sarcasm with your actual opinions makes your post completely unintelligible.

SunMo

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 17, 2005, 11:16:36 AM
FYI: The way you mix sarcasm with your actual opinions makes your post completely unintelligible.

good call.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

You have to learn to count one of these days.  He's made four NFC Championships

semantics

rams = as good (only cause they played at home, on equal footing the eagles were better)

tampa = inferior (and much inferior at the vet in that situation)

carolina = joke

atlanta = worse than carolina

SunMo

i disagree with the Rams NFCCG, they weren't supposed to win that game and they didn't

Tampa was a straight choke.

Carolina was better than people gave them credit for (they should've beaten the Eagles during the season, the kicker farged them).  Westbrook was out and Donovan got hurt.

rjs246

Dude, please. The Rams were better. No question. The Eagles overachieved that year and got lucky with a creampuff Chicago team in the second round of the playoffs.

The Bucs came into that game with a better game plan and a team that was clicking in every way. Earlier in the year they were worse and we all went into that game thinking that it would be a walk, but the Bucs were clearly the better team on both sides of the ball and to say that the Eagles were leaps and bounds better or that it was somehow McNabb's fault is stupid.

The Panthers were not good. McNabb got hurt. No Westbrook. Neckbeard.

McNabb is in his 7th year, right? He has accomplished a whole hell of a lot and has a whole hell of a lot of football in front of him. To say all of this nonsense about him is PREPOSTEROUS!

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Rams were better.

Tampa wasn't but it wasn't as if they sucked.  Their defense was incredible that season.

Carolina was inferior to the Eagles but McNabb busted a rib and the receivers got punked like bitches all game long.  Plus their defense was stellar too.

Atlanta - win.

The only major choke job on Don's was against Tampa, but let's not forget that the defense shtein the bed that night as well.  There's plenty of fault to go around for the past failures in big games and laying all the blame at McNabb's feet is retarded beyond belief.

ice grillin you

i disagree with the Rams NFCCG, they weren't supposed to win that game and they didn't

they werent supposed to win only because it was at stl....but the eagles were just as good and had the ball in position to win but someone threw a pick

Carolina was better than people gave them credit for (they should've beaten the Eagles during the season, the kicker farged them).  Westbrook was out and Donovan got hurt.

carolina still wasnt near as good as the eagles...the fact is mcnabb played awful

again you can make excuses for everyone of the losses but we arent talking about one game we are talking about a five year period

mcnabb is a very good qb...nothing less nothing more...something has to be changed to find out if he is a great qb...him and andy in this offense hasnt worked...its time for changes

SunMo

yeah, the Tampa game wasn't a Donovan choke, it was an entire team choke.  Andy got a 7 nothing lead and tried to sit on it in the 1st quarter.  but we don't need to re-hash that.