Yankees Offseason Thread

Started by hunt, October 12, 2005, 09:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

well, this should be an interesting offseason, as usual.  there could be drastic changes...possibly a new gm & maybe even a new coach.
also the following are free agents:

hideki matsui - i hope they re-sign him.
bernie williams - a great yankee but he has nothing left.
tom gordon - their only semi-reliable middle reliever so i'd like to see him back.
kevin brown - thank god he's gone!

the starting rotation is a huge question mark but i'd say that johnson, mussina, chacon, & wang are a solid 4....of course unit & moose are old so health is a huge question mark.  i'd keep small as either the 5th starter/spot starter & for long relief....wright & pavano are question marks.
they also need to address CF (since they never addressed it last offseason) & 1B so giambi can DH full time.  a sheffield trade wouldn't shock me either.

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

BigEd76

What GMs are being mentioned as possible replacements for Cashman?  While having the luxury of spending a ton of money, I'm not sure who would want to deal with Steinbrenner 24/7, especially after the way he treated Cashman...

satoshi

Quotetom gordon - their only semi-reliable middle reliever so i'd like to see him back.

Gimme a break. He's too old. He's done.

Wingspan

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 12, 2005, 10:13:59 AM
What GMs are being mentioned as possible replacements for Cashman?  While having the luxury of spending a ton of money, I'm not sure who would want to deal with Steinbrenner 24/7, especially after the way he treated Cashman...

i dont think i would ever stop laughing if they hired wade.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

hunt

Quote from: Satoshi on October 12, 2005, 10:55:55 AM
Quotetom gordon - their only semi-reliable middle reliever so i'd like to see him back.

Gimme a break. He's too old. He's done.

well, he's not great...but if they let him go, they'll have NO middle relief at all.  i'm not opposed to them letting him walk if he's adequately replaced.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Top Ten New York Yankee Excuses

10. "The Angels have developed a secret pitch that curves"

9. "Players left logy by clubhouse paella"

8. "Aren't used to rat-free outfield"

7. "Average player age is 52"

6. "Didn't know if they were playing California Angels, Anaheim Angels, or Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"

5. "Acid reflux"

4. "How are you supposed to field a competitive team on $200 million?"

3. "Due to typo in latest memo, Steinbrenner demanded players give 10%"

2. "Giambi lost his lucky syringe"

1. "Who can concentrate on Baseball when Hockey is back?"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its so sad that some 5 year old yankee fans have never seen their team win a title. i feel bad for hunt that he has to wait so long. oh man, im crying...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i seriously would hate to like a team like the yankees...if you dont win youre choking dogs...and if you do its ho-hum cause youre supposed to win every year...whats the fun in that

id much rather be a phils fan...they are pathetic but when and IF they ever win it will be better than all the yankee titles combined

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2005, 12:51:44 PM
id much rather be a phils fan...they are pathetic but when and IF they ever win it will be better than all the yankee titles combined

Very well put. And 100% accurate.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

no it won't...some of you are so full of crap, thinking that you're "better" fans because your team stinks.  i've been a loyal yankees fan my entire life...just as some of you have been loyal sils fans.  the fact that the yankees have won championships doesn't make me any less of a fan.  and the thought that they're expected to win every year is bunk...an excuse to make you feel better.  get over yourselves & get real.

whoa!!!....someone get that man a hug

i didnt say anything about how good a fan i was...just said that its no fun to like a team like the yankees...i could care less about the yankees or their fans...

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's equally fun to being a Phillies fan right now.

rjs246

You should all do what I do. Don't root FOR any baseball teams. Just root AGAINST a bunch of them. Much more satisfying.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

George sez:  "Cashman isn't going anywhere!"
Cashman sez:  "umm...." :paranoid

satoshi

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2005, 12:37:22 PM
Top Ten New York Yankee Excuses

2. "Giambi lost his lucky syringe"

Giambi was really awesome after he was back. That cannot be an excuse.