TO: My Feelings were hurt last year

Started by MURP, September 12, 2005, 12:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

link

QuoteOwens says feelings were hurt last season

ATLANTA - The remainder of Terrell Owens' ESPN interview with Michael Irvin was televised yesterday, and the wide receiver revealed that his feelings were hurt by his teammates last season while he was rehabilitating his fractured leg and severely sprained ankle.

"Once my injury occurred, I really had to endure the pain of not just physical pain," Owens said. "It was emotional pain that came with it. I had to sit on the couch and watch interviews leading up to the Super Bowl - in the playoff games.

"Guys saying that they didn't need me to win. I'm a human being and I have feelings. Going through all that, just to hear some of those players say some of those things, it really hurt me. It was more hurtful than the pain I had to endure going through rehab for six or seven weeks."

Owens suffered his leg injury Dec. 19 against the Dallas Cowboys and missed the final two regular-season games as well as the two playoff victories that got the Birds to the Super Bowl.

The wide receiver said quarterback Donovan McNabb wasn't the only Eagle saying the team could win without him.

"It was just the tone in which they expressed that 'We don't need T.O. to get to the Super Bowl,' instead of putting a more positive spin on it such as, 'We are going to win this for T.O. because we know he's rehabbing hard,' or things of that nature," Owens said. "That was never the content or context of their interviews."

The Eagles, under coach Andy Reid, have typically taken the approach that when a player goes down with an injury, the team moves on without him.

:-D

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PoopyfaceMcGee

T.O. really is an overly-sensitive moron.  Does he expect players to publicly say that the healthy guys can't get the job done, or that the team will suck ass without him?

Good thing he's a farging awesome WR, and good thing he's on our team tonight.

WAR T.O.

PhillyGirl

:-D :-D :-D

I was laughing when I heard the interview too.

Oh well, 2 TDs tonight and he'll feel all better!
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Zanshin

SD_Eagle5

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

RezRob

Read the article but replace non-TO comments from the voice in your head w/Michael Irvins voice. Go ahead try it, it makes any reading more enjoyable. Don't forget to Irvin's laugh to every comment. For instance try "Molly's son has cancer." Very sad, but as Irvin's voice comedic gold
"Molly's son has cancer. He heh."
QuoteThe wide receiver said quarterback Donovan McNabb wasn't the only Eagle saying the team could win without him.

"It was just the tone in which they expressed that 'We don't need T.O. to get to the Super Bowl,' instead of putting a more positive spin on it such as, 'We are going to win this for T.O. because we know he's rehabbing hard,' or things of that nature," Owens said. "That was never the content or context of their interviews."

The Eagles, under coach Andy Reid, have typically taken the approach that when a player goes down with an injury, the team moves on without him.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

Susquehanna Birder

The guy is totally nutz. Of course, Irvin didn't come back and say something like, "What were they supposed to say? That they might was well give up without The God of Football on the team?"

SunMo

it's werid, when the team was saying that stuff last year, there was a little thought in my head that TO might get upset by that.  but then i thought that he wasn't that crazy...

i was wrong.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i love irvin

classic moment in the TO interview is when TO asks irvin if he 'saw the first preseason game'...one of the great dramatic pauses of all-time by irvin and then a simple YES....lolol...wont translate on here but if you saw it you know what im talking about
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Will someone please kidnap that icehole, pour jet fuel on him and set him ablaze?

Please??

rjs??  Anyone!?

:'(

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 12, 2005, 01:13:38 PM
Will someone please kidnap that icehole, pour jet fuel on him and set him ablaze?

Please??

rjs??  Anyone!?

Good plan. We don't need him tonight.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 12, 2005, 01:14:22 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 12, 2005, 01:13:38 PM

Please??

rjs??  Anyone!?

Good plan. We don't need him tonight.

I meant Irvin, hun.

:-D