Listening to Didinger and Macnow--what five games are the Eagles going to lose?

Started by bobbyinlondon, September 10, 2005, 10:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 10, 2005, 10:53:19 AM
Ray is the most enjoyable football guy to listen to on the radio, he's never a jerk to dumb callers and he really knows the game inside and out.

I agree, Mo.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2005, 07:24:07 PM

RDiddy's new book is out now - Eagles Encyclopedia.
i need to get that.

i also need to get the movie that just came out.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

i also want to get Gargano's book, i think he's a good writer and he full-access all last year to the team, so it should be pretty good.

jeffreyjpa

Is Cuz's book out yet? I'd like to pick that one up, as well...I enjoy his writing.

RE: the season record, Macnow was predicting a loss on MNF to the Falcons, to start the season. He believes the Eagles are the better team, but pointed out that the Eagles don't always come out strong from the gate, and that the schedule makers weren't kind to the Eagles by putting them on the road on MNF against a team with a revenge factor.

Still, I can't see Vick passing for more than 120 yards in this game...and, I think Donovan to TO is going to be huge tomorrow night. Both the Eagles Offense and Defense looked mighty sharp in the preseason (when the starters played). The only unit that may be slow out of the blocks is their Special Teams, which seem to take a few games every year before the new players get in synch, and then get stronger as the season progresses.

PhillyGirl

well, according to every single pregame show today, the Eagles get their first loss this week.  ::)

They are all saying that the "Eagles can't stop the Michael Vick experience"

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Butchers Bill

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 11, 2005, 12:26:38 PM

Well, if they can't, this should:

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 11, 2005, 12:26:38 PM
well, according to every single pregame show today, the Eagles get their first loss this week.  ::)

:-D

but didn't you hear?  the Georgia Dome is some sort of magical palace that makes the Falcons a great team but effects the Eagles in no way whatsover.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Beermonkey

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

PhillyGirl

Quote from: General_Failure on September 11, 2005, 10:05:36 PM
It's fueled by tragedy. Favre is a sick, twisted individual.

SO, while the Saints play home games on the road and can't go back home can WIN...lets all feel bad for Favre's dumbass family who refused to evacuate. 

General_Failure

He used the last magic from the last tragedy to trap them in their home so they couldn't escape. He's one farged up individual.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: General_Failure on September 11, 2005, 10:12:36 PM
He used the last magic from the last tragedy to trap them in their home so they couldn't escape. He's one farged up individual.

He's just plain evil.

General_Failure

Worship him, or suffer a fate worse than network television's mid-season replacement!