Trotter Itching To Hit Field For Real

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 07, 2005, 07:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Courier Post

Quote"Last year left a bitter taste in our mouth, but it gave us a lot of confidence that we can get over the hump," he said. "I feel like we're the best team in the league right now, and we have to go out every Sunday and prove it."

QuoteBut Trotter thinks this is a team that will be carried by its defense, and he believes the Eagles have a defense that's capable of becoming the best in the NFL.

"We had an outstanding unit when I was in Washington my first year (in 2002), but nothing compared to the defense we have now -- nothing," he said. "We feel like we can be the No. 1 defense in the league."

Then he listed the team goals.

"We want to get turnovers -- allow the least points," he said. "We have the ability to do that. If we go out and execute the game plan, anything can happen.

"We want to step it up in other areas, too -- stopping the run, improving on third downs, getting on and off the field. That plays a major role as you go along in the season, cutting the reps down."

Quote"I can just focus strictly on defense, where last year it was really tough because I had to learn special teams and try to relearn our defense," he said. "I can just concentrate on watching extra film, getting my guys ready to line up Monday night."

PhillyGirl

I can see you drooling from here Phreak.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I'm going to put my #54 on and go tackle the little brats walking to school in front of my house...be right back. :evil

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 07, 2005, 08:00:45 AM
I'm going to put my #54 on and go tackle the little brats walking to school in front of my house...be right back. :evil

lmfao!  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Feva

Damn... I know what you mean.  That article made me wanna go and de-cleat somebody!  :evil
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: EagleFeva on September 07, 2005, 08:06:34 AM
Damn... I know what you mean.  That article made me wanna go and de-cleat somebody!  :evil

Indeed. By Monday night I'm going to be frothing at the mouth like that rabid dog Cujo.

Six long months. Football is finally fargin back!

daigglesfaninva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 07, 2005, 08:09:04 AM

Indeed. By Monday night I'm going to be frothing at the mouth like that rabid dog Cujo.

HELL YEAH! I'm AMPED!
Get your mojo here:
              korovamilkbar.invisionzone.com

Feva

Tell me about it.  If you're watching the game and the camera suddenly goes into the stands and you see a bunch of Falcon fans running for their lives....

that's me.  Sorry for the distraction.  :evil
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

That article made me sleepy. I think I'll go take a nap.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

henchmanUK

Quote from: daigglesfaninva on September 07, 2005, 08:12:47 AM

HELL YEAH! I'm AMPED!

:-D Seems as though there will be a lot of this going on at some people's workplaces today!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

BobbyT

As Dawkins said they are trying to be more nasty this year.  :yay  I don't think I'll sleep Sunday night.
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

bobbyinlondon

Same over here. Even though I have an 8am-7pm shift on Tuesday, I'll be up and wide awake watching at 2am BST Tuesday morning. (After all, isn't that what they make No-Doze for?) :-D

henchmanUK

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on September 07, 2005, 08:48:30 AM

Same over here. Even though I have an 8am-7pm shift on Tuesday, I'll be up and wide awake watching at 2am BST Tuesday morning. (After all, isn't that what they make No-Doze for?) :-D

Bob, my plan is get home from work on Monday, straight to sleep, set the alarm for 1:45 and you should be at least SOME use at work the next day!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MURP

Trotter looks more fired up on the field this year than he ever did.   I expect a monster year from him.