FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

-- Primeau will make a decision on his season in the next 2 weeks
-- Pitkanen may pull out of the Olympics

ice grillin you

Sources: Flyers tell Primeau season's over

By ED MORAN & ED BARKOWITZ

The end of Keith Primeau's season appears at hand.

The Flyers captain, who has missed 46 games with a concussion, was told by the team's medical staff that he will not be cleared to return to the ice this season, team sources said yesterday.

The Flyers had wanted a decision on Primeau's status by Feb. 27, the end of the Olympic break, but that timetable has been scrapped.

According to the sources, Primeau met with general manager Bob Clarke and the medical staff last week and was told there was not enough time left this season for him to recover sufficiently to play at the pace at which he is progressing.

Primeau was told he would not be cleared to return to play this season but that he should continue to train and recover in the hope that he would be able to play next season.

However, Primeau is apparently not prepared to accept the decision and, after speaking with his family, contacted a Toronto chiropractor who believes he can help alleviate Primeau's symptoms. Primeau underwent treatment from the chiropractor yesterday and expects to receive another round of treatments tomorrow.

Primeau could not be reached for comment last night but was made aware by the team's media staff that news of the decision had gotten out and the media staff requested a response. Primeau's comments were posted on the team's Web site late yesterday afternoon.

"In speaking with [Clarke], as everyone knows, a couple weeks ago I had to have a decision by the end of the Olympic break," Primeau said on the team's Web site.

"I have since then been advised by the doctors that it may be in my best interests to forego playing this year and continue my rehab in hopes of returning in September."

Primeau's season was interrupted when he was leveled by Montreal's Alexander Perezhogin on Oct. 25. He played two games afterward, but hasn't been in the lineup since Oct. 28.

If Primeau shuts down for the season, it will mean that the 34-year-old center will have missed significant time the last 2 years; last year because of the lockout, now because of the injury.

Primeau has sought opinions from other doctors. His symptoms include dizziness and headaches.

"[Clarke] and the organization are all aware of those conversations that I've had with the doctors, and I told them that I would let them know as soon as I have made a decision and felt comfortable with that decision," Primeau said.

"As far as making it [yesterday], or [today] or [tomorrow] or at any point this week, it's just a difficult decision and I haven't set a day where I am going to make any formal announcement. I know that making the decision, though, is in the not-too-distant future."

On the Web site, Clarke said: "I think Keith stated it very clearly the position that he is in. Obviously, when he is ready to make a decision about returning or not returning this year, he will and we respect that."

The absence of the gritty center is particularly glaring as the Flyers struggle through a series of injuries and a dreadful midseason slump. They are 3-6-3 in their last 12 games.

Primeau's emotions are all over the map. "It's sad, because all I want to do is play,'' he said. "Unfortunately at this time, my head will just not allow me to play. Obviously, I am running the emotional gamut from sadness to disappointment to frustration to anxiety. But, I also know that my health is of the utmost importance."

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2006, 10:45:02 AM
Obviously, I am running the emotional gamut from sadness to disappointment to frustration to anxiety.

thats not a very big gamut.

ice grillin you

heres a shocker....forsberg left practice early today with groin and abdomen problems

SunMo

that may be a good thing, maybe it'll keep him from the Olympics
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

This season is starting to make me angry.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

that may be a good thing, maybe it'll keep him from the Olympics

it makes me so angry that this is even a question at this point

phattymatty

that labia inflammation will haunt him for the rest of his career

Seabiscuit36

my boy just made a good point.  Flyers and Forsberg claim he gets hurt in practice to get the swedes to back off.  It wouldnt be the first time someone got mysteriously injured in practice.   :paranoid
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

ESPN got hacked?  :sly

QuotePhiladelphia Quakers

Also, the Blues were changed to the Eagles...

mcnabbmvp

A-HA (nelson's voice from simpson's)
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 07, 2006, 10:37:18 PM
ESPN got hacked?  :sly

QuotePhiladelphia Quakers

Also, the Blues were changed to the Eagles...

Wish you had a screenshot, jagoff.

phattymatty

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on February 08, 2006, 12:10:45 PM
Quote from: mcnabbmvp on February 08, 2006, 01:07:54 AM
A-HA (nelson's voice from simpson's)

actually that's ha-ha

And beyond that, anyone who has to explain that they are mimicing Nelson when they type 'ha-ha' is a retard. Does anyone think of anything else when they see that (in its mockingest context)?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.