FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: NGM on February 05, 2006, 01:45:17 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 05, 2006, 12:55:03 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2006, 12:15:25 PM
theres a good chance the flyers go into the break without even having playoff home ice advantage

I always thought home ice advantage in the playoffs was overrated.

I think any team in Philly gets a significant advantage when they play at home in the playoffs.  Best sports fans in the world.  8)

It's a clear advantage considering all the championships we've won over the past 20 years.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 05, 2006, 03:10:02 PM
Quote from: NGM on February 05, 2006, 01:45:17 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 05, 2006, 12:55:03 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2006, 12:15:25 PM
theres a good chance the flyers go into the break without even having playoff home ice advantage

I always thought home ice advantage in the playoffs was overrated.

I think any team in Philly gets a significant advantage when they play at home in the playoffs.  Best sports fans in the world.  8)

It's a clear advantage considering all the championships we've won over the past 20 years.

Thanks for reminding me.  Jerk.  :'(

PhillyPhreak54

How in the hell did they get blown out today? Terrible.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 05, 2006, 10:37:37 PM
How in the hell did they get blown out today? Terrible.

Because I didn't see them actually get any offensive push at all.  The only time I saw the puck in the Montreal zone was when the Habs were touching up for an icing.  (Granted, I was working on schoolwork and not overly paying attention.  It did seem that way, though.) Right now their collective legs are dead.  The Olympic break can't come fast enough.  Too bad so many Flyers are on the international teams.

Someone needs to kidnap Forsberg until the Games are over.  No way should he be playing at all on his groin injury.  Let it heal fully for the Cup run.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Gagne is awful without Forsberg.  i really thought he'd be able to step it up with Forsberg out, especially with new rules.  but dude is soft with the puck.  he goes completely brain dead with the puck on a rush.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

QuoteFlyers could get help for next game

By WAYNE FISH
phillyBurbs.com

MONTREAL - If everything breaks right, the Flyers could have Peter Forsberg, Eric Desjardins and Petr Nedved back in the lineup for Wednesday night's game against the New York Islanders.

For coach Ken Hitchcock, they can't get here fast enough.

First, he's got three first-year defensemen in the lineup. And his goal scoring has all but dried up.

Forsberg, recovering from his third groin injury of the season (a total of 13 games), says he plans to practice on Tuesday and if that goes right, play against the Islanders.

"I'm looking forward to Wednesday,'' he said. "Everything feels good, and I'm excited to get back.

"It's going to be a key game, an important game. We haven't played as well as we've wanted the last couple games.''

Forsberg said the Flyers are struggling to score right now. His return should help remedy that situation. The Flyers are 5-6-2 with him out of the lineup.

Nedved is working on his third rehab from a groin injury this season but has no plans to shut himself down for the final three games before the Olympic break.

The veteran center knows groins can be a tricky business, and he won't go into a game unless he believes he's pretty much risk-free.

"I don't want to wait," Nedved said during the second intermission of Sunday's game. "The way I'm thinking right now, I'm shooting for Wednesday, if not Wednesday then Friday.

"Having said that, I don't want to go out there and make it worse. That's the fine line with this injury. It's not like it's a sore hand or something where you can play through the pain. It's the kind of injury where you can pull yourself off the ice for one or two games or try to play through it and then miss a month."

Nedved began experiencing some tightness in his groin prior to Thursday night's game at Buffalo. He made it through that one but things went awry in the Ranger game.

"It hurt [Saturday] enough that I couldn't play anymore," Nedved said. "Before the Rangers game I didn't actually feel it at all. I knew it was there but I felt good. I thought I was making progress with the groin, but unfortunately I wasn't. The thing is with the groin, you have to be 95 or 100 percent to play, that's just the way it is."

On the down side, Mike Rathje suffered a right groin injury in the Montreal game and will undergo an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) test today.

Also, Joni Pitkanen says he still isn't a hundred percent since returning from his abdominal surgery and has considered not playing in the Olympics to allow himself time to fully recover.

"I don't get my full speed,'' he said. "I still feel it in my groin. It takes time. I'm not happy with how I can skate.''

Desjardins has been sidelined since Dec. 6 for a shoulder injury that required surgery on Dec. 13.

ice grillin you

forsberg is rushing back so that he can play in the olympics...wouldnt look good if he didnt play in any flyer games before the break then ran off to turin to play....expect him to reinjure himself

SunMo

yeah, i agree.  if not during the actual Olympics than soon after.  i actually wouldn't be surprised if he spent 2 more stints on the injury list.

SD_Eagle5

Clarke made a good point on WIP a few weeks ago about how countries are free to recruit their players and their employers have no say so like they would if another team was interested in them. I really wish Forsberg would sit until after the Olympic break.  :-\

ice grillin you

cant blame the countries...the nhl and nhlpa made this decision together...so blame the league and its players...forsberg and only forsberg can stop the madness...which he wont

SD_Eagle5

If he gets hurt in the Olympics then I'm holding the Swede's personally responsible.

SunMo

yeah well, they already gave us Bjork.  can you hate them anymore?

rjs246

No but we can nuke them a hell of a lot more than we are right now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: Sun_Mo on February 06, 2006, 03:02:23 PM
yeah well, they already gave us Bjork.  can you hate them anymore?

Bjork's from Iceland.

But I'm all for nuking Sweden just the same.  Expecially the places where they make Absolut.