FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

where im at in Maryland im stuck with watching online at www.streamtvnow.com I cant complain because its our only option here. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Forsberg was on WIP this morning.  Angelo asked him about his original reaction to being available for trade last summer...  :boom

SD_Eagle5

Was at the game lastnight (20 rows behind the net that Knuble scored the GW). Didn't see Nedved's wife in the crowd, and yes I was looking.

Even before Richards dropped Endicott with that viscious right, he was having one heck of a game. He's fearless  :yay

Aside from taking two bad penalties, Nedved looked great. Has a great combination of size and speed and still moves well for a 34 year old.

John LeClair's son was on one of the 'Mites on Ice' teams during the second intermission. He wore #88  :paranoid

BigEd76

MDS

some guy named whatever scored 4 goals.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

NGM

Quote from: MDS on January 25, 2006, 10:13:34 PM
some guy named whatever scored 4 goals.

The Flyers were bad tonight.  I think Nitty is obviously the better goalie at this point.  Not to mention Forsberg re-aggravated his groin.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

phattymatty

big night for ex-flyers

recchi, leclair, and brindy all had 2 goals

MDS

i always thought brindamour was like 55 when he was here, i cant believe hes still playing. and doing well.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on January 25, 2006, 10:19:41 PM
i always thought brindamour was like 55 when he was here, i cant believe hes still playing. and doing well.

He was my favorite Flyer when he was here.  And I had to sabotage it by getting his jersey.  :boom

BTW, Thome's injury and departure are my fault, too.

BigEd76

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Seabiscuit36

Primeau.  Who by the way is most likely not returning this regular season.  Ed,  my buddy and i were trying to figure out if Primeau retires lets say a week after the olympics.  Can he come back in the post season to play.  I know there arent any playoff cap #'s to worry about, and would that leave the door open for one more move down the road?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: NGM on January 25, 2006, 10:49:28 PM
Sami Kappanen?

If I can remember correctly, the Flyers traded Pavel Brendl & Bruno St.Jacques for Kapanen and Ryan Bast.

phattymatty

i remember the exact night brindamour got traded, i made the trip from state college to pittsburgh to see the flyers-pens game and he didn't play because he had just gotten traded

Seabiscuit36

i remember being pissed off at why we would trady away a proven player for a guy who really seemed like a role player.  It sucks with his concussion situation because i think every hockey fan around had a completely different view of him after the playoffs against Tampa.