FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

The Eagles loss really took the excitement of this win outta me. It's good and all, but I'm really pissed off and it's going to take a helluva lot more than a Flyers win to sooth my anger.

Although this still is a very nice win. I hate the Sens. Esche is better than Nitty by the way.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

mcnabbmvp

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 31, 2005, 04:44:50 AM
The Eagles loss really took the excitement of this win outta me. It's good and all, but I'm really pissed off and it's going to take a helluva lot more than a Flyers win to sooth my anger.

Although this still is a very nice win. I hate the Sens. Esche is better than Nitty by the way.

a beer run works for me. ;D
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

SunMo

QuoteFlyers' Primeau out indefinitely with concussion

The center took an elbow in the Montreal game. His condition is a continuation of past problems.

By Tim Panaccio

Inquirer Staff Writer

Flyers center Keith Primeau officially has another concussion and will be sidelined indefinitely.

The diagnosis was made yesterday by team neurologist Gerri McGinnis at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Trainer Jim McCrossin said that Primeau's concussion has not been graded for severity but that he is also suffering whiplash symptoms.

Primeau took an elbow to the head from Alexander Perezhogin during last Tuesday's game in Montreal. The whiplash effect involves tightness in the neck muscles, the trainer said.

"The significance of that is twofold," McCrossin explained. "It's causing an irritation and can slow down your circulation. Second, the muscles in the neck go up into the head. If they are tight, they are pulling down on the head and causing a headache. We're trying to relieve that symptom."

The 33-year-old Primeau, who missed Sunday's 5-3 win in Ottawa, has experienced headaches.

"When he lies down, he feels like he is spinning, and he also said his eyes feel busy," McCrossin said. "He may be focusing, but his eyes are going back and forth and they get fatigued."

The Flyers' medical staff is treating Primeau's injury as a continuation from February 2004, when he suffered one diagnosed concussion and perhaps two more concussions that were not diagnosed.

"We're treating it as that," McCrossin said. "... To say that this is his first concussion, I really couldn't say that because obviously, we had some earlier. Going back to the year 2004, if he had three then, this is his fourth or fifth. We have to do that way. We have to look at the symptoms. Each of the concussions Keith had, the symptoms were delayed [from the] onset."

McCrossin said there is no way to determine how much long-range damage Primeau may have suffered.

In a startling admission during an NHL conference call in August, Primeau said that he had still been experiencing post-concussion syndrome until May - a year after the 2004 playoffs when he was believed to have suffered two more concussions that went undetected because he was never tested.

"How many can he sustain?" McCrossin asked. "That goes to an individual basis and is beyond my scope. That is why we have experts in the field. That is why we are monitoring his symptoms daily. I wish I could answer that.

"... That is where [team physician Gary] Dorshimer and Dr. McGinnis and all the doctors who evaluate Keith have to come up with a decision. Keith's health is our first priority. There is life after hockey."

Under new NHL guidelines, a report on Primeau was submitted to the league, which is monitoring concussions. Primeau underwent neuro-psychological baseline testing yesterday and will be tested again in one week if his symptoms subside.

Loose pucks. Kim Johnsson will begin rehabilitation on his groin pull today. McCrossin said Johnsson was sore but could be back in the lineup by Thursday's home game against Washington.

It's not like Ottawa coach Bryan Murray to use the schedule as an excuse for losing, but that seemed to be his reaction after the loss to the Flyers.

"I wasn't very happy with the emotional state of our team to begin the game," he told the Toronto Globe and Mail. "No question about that... . It's a tough schedule when a team like the Flyers is able to sit in Ottawa, but that happens in our league. Both were big, emotional games. In Toronto [an 8-0 win the night before], we got ahead and just cut loose."

Back-to-back games are a staple in hockey. "I know what Bryan is saying because we felt the same way in the third period against Carolina," Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock said. The Flyers lost, 8-6, Friday at Carolina after beating the Florida Panthers at home the night before.

The Flyers' power play finally ranks in the top 10 (ninth) in the league at 19.7 percent (18 for 81).
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

BTW

flyers at caps friday nite january 6th

i got four tickets left out of our group of 50 if anyone wants to make the trip

20 bones

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

ice grillin you

yeah i got you

hows that loot coming along
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

Well here is my proposal to Primeau's injury.  He now has a history of concussions that are affecting him for longer periods of time(over a year from his last to recover).  Move Primeau to an assistant coach position much like they did with Tocchett a few years back.  If possible cancel his contract next year du2 retirement and resign Gagne.  Umberger is a good player in the new NHL and fits in well with our style of hockey.  Primeau was a liablility because of his acceleration and puck handling.  I love Primeau but i think he's better suited to hang up the skates and learn the coaching craft from Hitch.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Philly_Crew

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2005, 10:43:03 AM
BTW

20 bones

I'll go with you IGU.  How much are the tix?

SunMo

Quote from: Philly_Crew on November 01, 2005, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2005, 10:43:03 AM
BTW

20 bones

I'll go with you IGU.  How much are the tix?

:paranoid

swflyers2125

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 01, 2005, 12:52:08 PM
Well here is my proposal to Primeau's injury.  He now has a history of concussions that are affecting him for longer periods of time(over a year from his last to recover).  Move Primeau to an assistant coach position much like they did with Tocchett a few years back.  If possible cancel his contract next year du2 retirement and resign Gagne.  Umberger is a good player in the new NHL and fits in well with our style of hockey.  Primeau was a liablility because of his acceleration and puck handling.  I love Primeau but i think he's better suited to hang up the skates and learn the coaching craft from Hitch.

Primeau will do better with the new rules.  He does have speed and handles the puck pretty good.  As long as guys can't hang on him, he will be scoring more goals like these:

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/sightsound/highlights/media/040408%5C1718.rm

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/sightsound/highlights/media/051014%5C1799.rm
"That's the new NHL, baby," Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock said. "I told them to just keep going. What are you going to do? It's a track meet, and I'm too fat to run."

PoopyfaceMcGee

Close call against the Caps.  Nice to squeak away with that victory.

rjs246

QuoteD. Seidenberg D    0    0    -1    2    0    1    0    0    1    0    2    22    21:25    

Your team wins 8-1 and you've got a minus one for the evening while playing 21+ minutes? Fired.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

The goalie was plus seven.  That evens it out a bit.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on November 04, 2005, 08:36:16 AM
QuoteD. Seidenberg D    0    0    -1    2    0    1    0    0    1    0    2    22    21:25    

Your team wins 8-1 and you've got a minus one for the evening while playing 21+ minutes? Fired.

Most likely, he played a majority of his minutes towards the 3rd period when the game was already "over".
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen