Injury updates

Started by PhillyGirl, August 27, 2005, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

From Big Red's PC last night:

QuoteWe held Shawn Andrews out of the game with a shoulder contusion. We¹ll see how things go this next week. [T] Tra Thomas strained his low back. He only played a part of the first quarter. [FB] Josh Parry has an AC (shoulder) sprain. [WR] T.O. (Terrell Owens) re-tweaked his groin. "All and all I thought all phases did fairly good with the one¹s (first teams). Obviously, with the second group there were too many penalties in the second half. I thought the one¹s got enough reps in the first half, that¹s why I didn¹t have them come out in the second."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

The Tra thing is the only one that bothers me... luckily we've got the manneans. Hooray depth!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

tra is fine...woulda played if it was regular season...when not in game shape you almost always get some sort of strain or pull
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

jeffreyjpa

I was thinking/hoping the same thing...just a bit of a back strain as he gets used to hitting/using leverage again. Doubt he or TO will play against the Jets, so they'll have time to rest before Atlanta.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on August 27, 2005, 11:41:29 AM
I was thinking/hoping the same thing...just a bit of a back strain as he gets used to hitting/using leverage again. Doubt he or TO will play against the Jets, so they'll have time to rest before Atlanta.

None of the starters will play.  This is the game where guys fighting for a roster spot get to show what they've got. 

jeffreyjpa

I know...and, the traffic was so sucky on 95 getting to the game last night, I really don't want to go to the game on Thursday. Might be time to lower my asking price to "who wants these".

Hey, anyone know what's going on at the Wach Center? I hadn't been there in a while, and they have some giant construction job going on on the side of the center, between it and the Linc. The construction, fencing, etc., is eating up a little bit of the prime parking. Since it's on the outside of the facility, I'm guessing it's an expansion of the CSN studios, but really have no idea.

Feva

Quote from: rjs246 on August 27, 2005, 10:55:05 AM
The Tra thing is the only one that bothers me... luckily we've got the manneans. Hooray depth!
Yup, LT is covered...  :yay
l
l
l
l
l
l
V
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Tra has a history of back spasms too. Remember that Miami MNF game where Artis had to step in...it was because of Tra's back acting up.

But I agree with IGY here...probably just from not playing in so long.

MURP

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 28, 2005, 12:53:36 AM
Tra has a history of back spasms too.

thats what I was thinkin.  Seems he has had these issues for years now to some degree. 

PhillyGirl

QuoteINJURY REPORT

Offensive guard Shawn Andrews will have an MRI on Monday for his shoulder. Reid said that the team still believes it is only a bruise. In Andrews' absence Friday night, Adrien Clarke started and got a solid review from Coach Reid.

"He really did a nice job for Andrews," Reid said.

Fullback Josh Parry is day-to-day with an AC sprain (shoulder). P Dirk Johnson (sports hernia) is making progress, according to Reid. CB Linj Shell has a stress fracture of his foot and DE Jamaal Green still is out with his foot sprain.

WR Justin Jenkins and RB Correll Buckhalter were placed on Injured Reserve on Sunday, officially ending their seasons.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 28, 2005, 12:53:36 AM
Tra has a history of back spasms too. Remember that Miami MNF game where Artis had to step in...it was because of Tra's back acting up.

But I agree with IGY here...probably just from not playing in so long.

Yep, that's when Artis basically made a name for himself by shutting down Jason Taylor for the entire evening.  Unbelievable performance imo. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteThe MRI on Shawn Andrews' shoulder was negative, and he was on the field on Monday and is scheduled to play Thursday against the Jets.

Good news there.

ice grillin you

very good news

i was waiting for some kind of rotator cuff injury announcement
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 30, 2005, 08:15:33 AM
very good news

i was waiting for some kind of rotator cuff injury announcement

Ditto, I was nervous as all hell when I read that MRI comment. Yeah, Reid said it was precautionary, but so was Buck's trip to that Dr. of Season Death.

Larry

QuotePlaced defensive end Jerome McDougle and safety J.R. Reed on the reserve-non-football injury list and linebacker Greg Richmond and fullback Thomas Tapeh on the physically-unable-to-perform list.
More Mahe please.