2005 Point & Laugh At The taterskins Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 20, 2005, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Nah, there's some pretty good golfers on the team. Mainly Akers, Detmer, and the cast of thousands we've used at kicker and punter this season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Bigskinbauer

Remember when portis's mom had to move down because the philly fans showed why everyone says they are the worst fans in the country?
Portis's mom punch some bitch in the nose. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010201650.html

In Philly, Mama Said Knock You Out

Tuesday, January 3, 2006; E05

Clinton Portis took a beating in Sunday's victory over Philadelphia. Apparently, his mother dished one out.

In the fourth quarter, Portis's mother, Rhonnel Hearn, was sitting in the end zone at Lincoln Financial Field with Portis's stepfather and some friends when an Eagles fan apparently tossed a beer on the group. Portis's mother responded by punching the woman in the face, Portis said.

The altercation explained why Hearn watched part of the game from the taterskins sideline.

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her," Portis said. "I think fans take that too serious. People come to the game to have a good time, that's what you should do. If you decide your team is losing and you want to cause trouble, then you're going to get what you're looking for. And yesterday, whoever that fan was, they got what they were looking for."

Portis rushed for 112 hard yards Sunday but re-injured an already sore shoulder and left wrist after being horse-collared in the fourth quarter by linebacker Trent Cole. "It's one of those Mondays where I feel like I ain't going to make it," Portis said with a laugh.

His mother, he said, fared better. "My mom can protect herself," Portis said.

-- Howard Bryant

GO TERPS

MDS

:-[ Those Eagles fans are so mean. Oh no. Stay away, they'll kill you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Bigskinbauer on January 02, 2006, 11:59:41 PM
Remember when portis's mom had to move down because the philly fans showed why everyone says they are the worst fans in the country?
Portis's mom punch some bitch in the nose. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010201650.html

In Philly, Mama Said Knock You Out

Tuesday, January 3, 2006; E05

Clinton Portis took a beating in Sunday's victory over Philadelphia. Apparently, his mother dished one out.

In the fourth quarter, Portis's mother, Rhonnel Hearn, was sitting in the end zone at Lincoln Financial Field with Portis's stepfather and some friends when an Eagles fan apparently tossed a beer on the group. Portis's mother responded by punching the woman in the face, Portis said.

The altercation explained why Hearn watched part of the game from the taterskins sideline.

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her," Portis said. "I think fans take that too serious. People come to the game to have a good time, that's what you should do. If you decide your team is losing and you want to cause trouble, then you're going to get what you're looking for. And yesterday, whoever that fan was, they got what they were looking for."

Portis rushed for 112 hard yards Sunday but re-injured an already sore shoulder and left wrist after being horse-collared in the fourth quarter by linebacker Trent Cole. "It's one of those Mondays where I feel like I ain't going to make it," Portis said with a laugh.

His mother, he said, fared better. "My mom can protect herself," Portis said.

-- Howard Bryant

Howard Bryant is an idiot, and it's pretty well known.

A) It wasn't a horsecollar.

B) It was Jaqua Thomas who made the tackle.

C) Neither Trent Cole or Jaqua Thomas are linebackers.

D) The likelyhood of Portis' mom punching anyone is slim to none.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

EJ72

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC
D) The likelyhood of Portis' mom punching anyone is slim to none.

Hey....Someone has to be the man in the family.

PhillyPhreak54

Mean ol' Philly fans :'( :'( :'(

Too bad the Linc's security didn't let the pepper spray rip.

That's never hap...oh, wait. Yes it has.

Where was that again, taterskin fans?

PhillyPhreak54

This is a good one...don't believe this for one second. Pissing on the tire cover? I believe that. But shteintin'? No way. :-D

Eagles fans shat all over my car!

QuoteFor some stupid reason I left my Skins tire cover on after my tailgate party, and I returned to it after the game I found someone pissing on it. Then, after further review, I found human crap draped all over the windows and front and back windshield. There were huge clumps of feces all over the car and it was also smudged into the red paint of my car. Eagles fans are animals. I was so happy after the game, I couldn't care less. It makes for a funny story though.

Stay Classy, DC

Dolla Beeel for President

And some responses...

QuoteSo, what do eagle fans eat? Could you tell?

QuoteThat is beyond classless. That's dispicable and not human. There is nothing funny about that in any form or fashion. Just disgusting. Unhealthy. Philly must be the home of reverse Darwinism.

QuoteIt's a shame Portis' mom wasn't there to set them straight. What complete and total scumbags. Props to you for holding it together, I would have been out for blood. Cowards are as cowards do in a city of cowards I suppose.

QuoteYou gotta love NFC East football........I don't think many people were growing tails on vehicles in that Panthers Falcons game......and undoubtedly it had to be fresh pie.

Remember these are fans that have to spell their team name at the end of their so called fight song.

PhillyPhreak54

And some more tall tales of shenanigans in the stands...

Trouble in the stands

QuoteSure enough, about ten minutes later, some ******* Eagles fan grabs my hat again, runs down to row 1 and wings it over the side amidst another burst of cheers and applause. You would not believe how loud it was.

Now security with the bright yellow wind breaker is getting in to it. They saw it and made the guy come up and apologize to me, and wanted me to press charges or something, I said don't worry about it. And the security guy said "Well, I'm worried about it", and I still said no I'm fine.

I don't really care about the hat, but I definitely cared about the buttons, so I'm glad I saved them.

Now, everytime somebody walks down the steps, they're yelling to me "Hey, where's your hat? Bwahahahhahah"

A few minutes later, I heard something hit the back of my chair. Okay, now they're throwing stuff at me. Plus, about six rows have cleared out behind me, making me an easy target. Coincidence? So I took off my white Brunell jersey and wrapped it in my coat. A few minutes after that, something hit me in the top of the shoulder, and it's a one of those little plastic containers with some kind of liquid in it - looks like soy sauce. Fortunately it didn't break open as planned.

So I got pissed, went down and asked to be moved, and they put me down in row 3 behind a wall, and I was fine after that.

Got back to my truck. Somebody had broken a taterskins car flag off somebody's car (not mine) and threw it on top of the hood of my truck. Somebody else two spaces over had their valve stem cut with a knife, so the tire went flat. No other damage that I'm aware of.

For all you who say I deserved it because you don't do that in Philadelphia, I say I cannot change the way I watch a game. I can't NOT stand when taterskins score. I can't NOT yell DEFENSE as loud as I can when the opponent has the fall, especially in the 4th quarter with the score close. I can't do it, and I'm not going to change my ways next year when I go -- although I will definitely wear a cheaper jersey and crappy ball cap.

As it turned out, Joe Holley of the Wash Post interviewed a lot of us at the tailgate before and after the game and mentioned me at the end of one of the articles this morning.

And the article from the Washington Post

QuoteEagles quarterback Koy Detmer, fleeing taterskins defenders, fired off a pass. Washington linebacker Lemar Marshall stretched to the sky, batted the ball,

Were these losers even watching that game? It was McMahon who threw that INT.

And this loser linked an article that wasn't written by Joe Holley and made NO mentions of anything going on in the Linc stands. Only some crap in a sportsbar.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

supposedly the skins locked up gregg williams for an insane amount of money...and he is not allow to pursue hc jobs

edit:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5216800
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quotetaterskins | Williams agrees to 3-year deal
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:59:33 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Washington taterskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has agreed to a new three-year deal worth nearly $8 million and will remain with the team, according to sources close to Williams. The deal is well above the financial terms for any NFL coordinator. The source also said Williams has agreed not to interview for any head coaching openings this offseason, but it does not exclude him from taking a job offer in 2007.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 03, 2006, 01:40:57 AM

QuoteHoughton and a high-school buddy, Jon Nachtsheim, 31, had been quietly nursing glasses of Miller Lite

Ha.

qwert246

Quote from: phattymatty on January 03, 2006, 01:40:34 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 03, 2006, 01:40:57 AM

QuoteHoughton and a high-school buddy, Jon Nachtsheim, 31, had been quietly nursing glasses of Miller Lite

Ha.
I'm not sure what the exercise in caution was.  What the hell do they mean by that?

phattymatty

Quote from: qwert246 on January 03, 2006, 02:01:46 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on January 03, 2006, 01:40:34 PM

Ha.
I'm not sure what the exercise in caution was.  What the hell do they mean by that?