Thanks

Started by Yeti, August 14, 2005, 06:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Yeti on August 18, 2005, 04:58:49 PM
PG was kind enough to volunteer to be the hostess for Babe of the Week in my absence.

Is there a start date for this, btw?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 19, 2005, 11:02:28 AM
PG was kind enough to volunteer to be the hostess for Babe of the Week in my absence.

Yes.  August 19.

Yeti

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 19, 2005, 11:02:28 AM

You can jump right in! 
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Drunkmasterflex

Good luck to you man, always enjoy reading your posts.  Try to get a connection so you can come back.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

TexasEagle

Wow, I completely missed this, but good luck on your future endeavors. How far north are you going? I haven't been skiing in years... I miss it. Damn Texas and the lack of snow. Hate this farging state.

Yeti

Quote from: TexasEagle on August 20, 2005, 03:07:59 PM
Wow, I completely missed this, but good luck on your future endeavors. How far north are you going? I haven't been skiing in years... I miss it. Damn Texas and the lack of snow. Hate this farging state.

Northeast Kingdom Vermont 12 miles from the Canadian Border 10 miles east of Jay Peak.

Reply from a neighbor when I told him we were moving up for good, this is all he wrote........

"That is very scary Dave. Bring plenty of warm clothes, snowshoes, cross-country skis etc.
I think you'll make great neighbors.
See you in the near future"

WTF!
They (the few people in the area) all live with their houses on the road and their property behind them.  Our house is set all the way back on our property.  Is that what he means by "That is very scary" ?  Or is he scared of me?  Or is he scared of having another neighbor? 

Hbionic

Geowhizzer

People tend to get nervous when Yetis move into their neighborhoods.   :paranoid

Yeti

Hbionic

General_Failure

Does he know your house is an unfinished shack?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Yeti

Quote from: General_Failure on August 20, 2005, 04:08:37 PM
Does he know your house is an unfinished shack?

He does, but he lives in an unfinished trailer so I don't think that is what's scaring him.

Hbionic

Diomedes

There is a reason they are all close to the road.

Got a snowmobile?  If not, get one.  And a sled to pull behind it for the groceries.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

jeffreyjpa

Ever see "The Shining"?   :paranoid

"Heeeeeeeere's Yeti..."

Sgt PSN

I always thought more along the lines of this guy

Yeti

Quote from: Diomedes on August 20, 2005, 11:24:37 PM

Got a snowmobile?  If not, get one.  And a sled to pull behind it for the groceries.

I just used our savings to buy the wife a Lincoln Navigator.  Good vehicle for snowy conditions.  I am turning my Monster Truck into a Monster Plow.  I bought a two stage plow, the kind that throws the snow from the blade about 1/2 a mile.  We should be in good shape.

Hbionic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Yeti on August 22, 2005, 10:24:30 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on August 20, 2005, 11:24:37 PM

I just used our savings to buy the wife a Lincoln Navigator.  Good vehicle for snowy conditions.  I am turning my Monster Truck into a Monster Plow.  I bought a two stage plow, the kind that throws the snow from the blade about 1/2 a mile.  We should be in good shape.

That could be a way of making a little extra $$$ in your retirement as well, Yeti.  My dad did that for years when we lived in PA. 

:deion :deion :deion